Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi All

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 5:03 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 453 Total Views

Hi my name is Nicole and i'm 26 and a mother to 5 year old Brook'lynn (BK) ! My husband is in the Army and is currently deployed and my daughter and i (including our two dogs) are moving to the island in a few weeks! I'm so excited and hope that i can meet new people so i'm not totally bored... Well i hope there is some cool people out there and they respond and I hope to talk to you soon!

Nicole

by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Courtneycorteal
by Member on Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Hi I'm courtney 21 have a 5month old son shawn we won't be back on island in febuary but my dh is deployed and army as well so not tomuch help right now but thought id say hi lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zache32
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Hey,

Thanks for replying to my post! My husband is deployed right now as well and we are in Texas while he is gone. Your husband must be coming back in March or April? I saw pics of your little boy he is adobable! Well just wanted to say Hey!

Nicole

hawaiimom2b
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:31 PM

The island isn't that bad. There are alot of "scary" places/people. If you want to go into Honolulu always make sure your out of there NO LATER then 2:30pm. If you wait until after that and it can take up to a good hour and a half to get back to H2 because the fastest you'll be going (when your not stopped) is 15 mph. You have 30 days to get a safty sticker for your cars/trucks/bikes. If you or your husband has a truck or jeep or anything that's lifted or has tires that stick out past the finder wells be prepaired to spend LOTS of money just to make it legal. Wahawia is right outside of post, If you wont to live off post that is NOT were you want to be or anywhere past it heading towards the north shore. It is pretty on the other side, but will take your husband forever to get though traffic to go to work in the mornings. Mililani is the nicest place. It has a small shopping center that has pretty much everthing. Well I have to go. I hope you and your family have a safe trip and if you never been here before get ready for a LONG flight over the ocean :) see you on the island soon.

ps I hope some of this was a little helpful.

zache32
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Thanks for the inforamtion. I might need to email you about certain places i'm looking at off post. My husband is deployed so house hunting is on me. Thanks again!

Nicole

hawaiimom2b
by New Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:18 PM

I live in the Launani Valley. It is so nice here. It's about 2-3 miles to wheeler gate. There are condos and townhomes in this valley. There is only one way in so there's no traffic in and out. You just have to see it. It's really nice. There are pools, a basketball court, tennis courts, a little play ground, a creek, and a walking trail. Look up "The Gardens", "Stream Side", "The Ridge" and "The Terrace" They are all in the Launani Valley. I've only lived here since Sept 9th, so I don't know much but Im glad to help in any way I can.

zache32
by New Member on Dec. 1, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Thanks a bunch that is a real big help!

Flyersmom17
by New Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Hey Nicole! I'm 24 with a 3 year old. I'm finally making the move to Hawaii in march. I've only been dating my navy guy a few years now, it's about time I finally make the move lol I've been to the island a few times for visits but the thought of moving is a little scary! Ive also heard mililani is a nice family area. Good luck with the move!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)