Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pcs April 2012 help

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 448 Total Views
Hello all.... We are going to be moving from camp lejeune nc to ford island Hawaii (pearl harbor area) I have a 12 year old son and 7 year old daughter I'm going nuts trying to figure everything out!!!! My dh is a marine yet we will be on a navy base so we have no sponsor helping us... We currently live on base housing yet I have been told we can't get in the list for housing in Hawaii until we are physically there! We also have a 100 lb dog and everyone is clueless on the cost for flying him and what I need to do to get him directly.... Questions... Wow lots!!! Lol my husband is a snco according to the marines (e6) but navy does snco as e7 so where do we live.... Lol what housing ( trying to look up pics) my kiddos are going to miss about two weeks-three weeks of school how to I make sure they won't be held back... We are driving from nc to Cali and shipping our car from there ( site seeing and we get the extra cash to boot) any advice or thoughts I would love...... Any loop holes or suggestions are always welcome too... My son is in 6th grade And daughter in 2nd ( my son is a but of a social outcast ... He keeps to himself) yet my daughter is a social butterfly I am worried my son will get beat up or something..... And is middle school 7th grade in Hawaii and is school year round?!? Ahhh help please!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
melissadewitt01
by Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 1:41 PM
A bit more info.... Lol I am a 27 year old hair stylist and my husband will be the marine liasion at the brig on peral harbor. We love friends ( especially ones who have kids near our kids age) I am a beach bumm and I just bought my husband his first Harley so he will want some riding buddies!!! My daughter is a cheerleader and very much a drama princess my son is a video game addict yet very smart and full of energy!!! We fly out April 23rd 2012 and I assume we will be in the lodge until we get housing...... Idk?! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtneycorteal
by Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 5:02 PM
I can give some advice on flying you dog if you don't want to pay a arm and leg to qorentine(sp?) start it athome you have to get blood work to make sure he has his rabies shot if you look up shipping animals to Hawaii you can find all the info and what you need to know
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melissadewitt01
by Member on Dec. 6, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Yes thank you I have a vet apt for him on the 8th.... They are going to do the blood work then!!! Hip hip!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hawaiimom2b
by New Member on Dec. 7, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Go to http://hawaii.gov/hdoa/ai/aqs/info and click on the “Checklist For 5-Day-Or-Less Program” The animal Quarantine has to have blood work WELL in advance. It's great that your starting now. We brought our 2 cats and I'll tell you it was NOT cheap. Thank God our cats have always been up-to-date on their shots, but it cost us a good $2,000-$2,200. That's with the vet appointments (and my cats have health insurance) all thier shots, blood work, kennels, plane tickets, and of coarse Hawaii makes you pay to get the animals from the airport.

It's too bad you wont be living on the Marine base..... We went over there this past weekend to the beach (our boat is over there) you would LOVE it. They have it all to themselves and the beach is BEAUTIFUL, and the mountain views...... Over there is what Hawaii should look like. We are at Schofeild, but we live off post. Way too many people there. Steven LOVES Harleys, but sold his a year or so ago. He was going to be deployed this past Dec. 2nd and was going to buy a new one when he got back, but those orders were canceled. Which is good because we're 11 weeks pregnant. So I'm not sure when he's going to get another one. He WILL get one though, he has already built it online lol. We also love the beach. He grew up on the beach in FL and loves to surf. We have only been here for 3 months, but if I can be of any help in any way just let me know :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN