Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here, and I have questions.....

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 402 Total Views

Hello. My name is Salina. My husband is not military, but he just got asked to consider relocating to Honolulu. We have 3 girls ages 11, 7, and 5. Neither of us have ever been to Hawaii before and we would never move to somewhere that we have never been. So my question is, how do you like it in Hawaii? Honolulu? How are the school, crime, housing, and shopping? Anything I should know? Also we are currently living in Oakley Ca. Thanks.

Salina

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jan. 11, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
hawaiimom2b
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Honolulu is a hard place to live unless you're used to dead stop traffic all the time. If I'm not out of Honolulu by 2:30pm it will take me over 2 hours to get home and I only live 25 miles away. To bad he wasn't being relocated to the windward side of the island. It is so lovely over there. If you were going there I would say don't think twice about it, but I would never live in Honolulu. As far as schools goes..... They're horriable unless you pay the money to put your girls in privite schools and that's alot of money. I have a friend here who came from CA to be a teacher 5 years ago and this is going to be her last year because she just cant take it anymore. The kids here just don't care about their education and in turn the teachers don't either. The cost of living here is very high. My husband and I used to have a date night were we would have dinner and see a movie every week before we moved here, but we haven't since we got here because it just cost way to much. In the end it's your choice, but I know I would never make it for myself. Good luck.
salina123
by on Jan. 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Thank you for your reply. A lot to think about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)