Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please introduce yourself!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 7:01 PM
  • 59 Replies
  • 2199 Total Views

Great Day to you!  My name is Nikki, I'm almost 27, mom to one, and an Army wife.  I am moving to HI in sept and am here to suck up all the info and provide what I can to others in the same situation I am. I also hope to find some friends before I even get to the islands...YAY!! So when you introduce yourself, please include your real name, age, kiddos and why you are here...then start a new thread with a more specific question...All I ask is we stay on topic in our threads...if you have a new question, please start a new thread so that things are easy to find! Of course I won't kick anyone out for breaking the one and only rule...just hope to keep it as a guideline for easy searching!

by on Mar. 26, 2007 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubbasmama
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 3:02 AM
hello my dear......My name is nici and my husband is an mp in the army.....We are relocating to schofield barracks in may......Im glad to have found this group.....Now  we just need members to tell us about it ...lol.....I have learned alot about what to expect when I get there.....Where in hawaii are you going.....If you have any questions please feel free to ask I would love to share with you what I have learned......
Danesmom
by Group Owner on Mar. 27, 2007 at 5:39 PM
Welcome Nici! So do you say your name like I say mine-Nikki-or is it like nice-y or maybe neice-y? I just want to make sure I have it right :) You are soooo right...we need people! 
bubbasmama
by on Mar. 27, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Quoting Danesmom:

Welcome Nici! So do you say your name like I say mine-Nikki-or is it like nice-y or maybe neice-y? I just want to make sure I have it right :) You are soooo right...we need people! 

It is pronounced like nikki.....Just spelled a different way.....
hurst0three
by on Apr. 3, 2007 at 10:56 PM
Hey there,my name is alisha and I have been here for about 6 months now.We currently live on amr,which is about 5 min from tripler.Its a good place,very convenient and its not really like living on a military base but we do have security checks when you fist come in the gate,which is a nice thing.I have a 4 yr old boy and another boy due in aug.If you need any information about hawaii,feel free to ask anything.I can tell you what I know and believe me,I actually know quite a bit lol Hope to talk to you later and good luck with housing!
Danesmom
by Group Owner on Apr. 4, 2007 at 12:43 AM
HI Alisha!!!

Oh my!  So glad you found us! I'm sure I have questions for you, I'm just getting tired tonight, i'll think of some, i know they are in my head somewhere :)
hurst0three
by on Apr. 5, 2007 at 3:15 PM
Well feel free to ask away when you do think of them :) In the mean time,I'll tell ya a little about hawaii.I like living on amr just because i'm 30 min away from anything basically.I don't really like the housing units,they are old but they are tearing all the old housing down and rebuilding everything,which will be nice when its done.Now tripler is 5 min from where I live,I actually go to school up there so its not a bad place to be either.And obviously tripler hospital is up there which i go to alot cause im pregnant too.Let me know when you get here and I can hook you up with all sorts of information about what to do when you first get here,maps of all the bases and such.Plus you can go to militaryonesource.com and look up information you need also.Now the traffic does get pretty bad if you're in this part of the island but the most you'll spend in traffic on a good day is maybe an hour.Traffic is backed up by about 3 pm to 6 pm but i try to get done what I need to get done either before 3 or after 6 and its usually only bad if you're coming out of honolulu.Going to honolulu isn't bad at all.Anyway I need to go run some errands but if you need more info let me know.Take care
alisha
ellasmomma
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2007 at 4:53 PM
I'm Brianna. I'm a 22 yo Navy wife and SAHM to Ella who is 11 months old. I've lived in Hawaii for about 2 years now and am READY to leave. It just isn't what I like. I miss Target & Victoria's Secret. HAhahaha! Don't we all!! Anyway, if anyone has any questions, LET ME KNOW! There is also a group here called honolulumommies.com. I have met SO many great women through the site and Ella has so many friends. It's great. Hope to see some of you on there!!!
shyblueeyes2000
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2007 at 10:35 PM
Hello to all!  My name is Lori and I am an Army wife.  I have two children, 1 is autistic (just diagnosed).  We are not sure yet, but there is a possibility that my husband is going to get stationed there.  He was offered a slot in Hawaii almost 3 weeks ago, but we haven't heard anything since.  We are still waiting on his orders.  He is in school in Florida and has been away from me and the kids for almost a year now.  We are patiently awaiting his graduation date because we are going to Orlando after he graduates and then it's off to our next duty station.  Hopefully it will be Hawaii, if they can get their act together.

I'm just wondering about Army housing.  Is there a waiting list?  I know they are tearing down the old stuff and building new houses.  I'm just curious if we are going to have to find some place off post or if they will have housing for us immediately.

Any advice on moving over there would be nice too?  Just in case.

Thanks!
Lori
emerald_twin
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2007 at 9:10 AM
Hi! You heard right, they are tearing down alot of housing and putting up new ones, especially on Schofield Barracks. There isn't much of a waiting list right now, but that could change. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me, I'd love to help. Take care!

Aloha!
mom2jonathan
by Member on Apr. 28, 2007 at 12:03 AM
Hi!  My name is Regina.  I'm 28 with a 2 1/2 y.o. son.  My husband serves on a submarine.  We are awaiting our change of Home Port Orders so we can start our move to Hawaii.  Most of the wives from the boat have already been there, but I have not.  I'm pretty excited about the move.  His boat is getting maintenance done on it in Maine.  I'm tired of the cold.  Looking forward to hearing any tips anyone can offer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN