Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am in the spotlight!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:15 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 479 Total Views

My name is Sarah and I am 28 (last Saturday Jan 16th) I have been married since September of 2005. We have one angel baby and one living son who is getting ready to turn 2. Our son is a Leap Year Day baby so his birthdays are kinda tricky to celebrate on the off years. LOL! I also have 4 fur babies, 2 cats and 2 dogs. I am the 6th of 7 children, my parents passed away when I was a teenager. We love living here in Springfield and still have our jobs so we can't complain!!!

Ask away!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pumpooga
by Group Admin on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Hi! I'm excited this is getting back undery-way!

How long have you lived in Springfield?

Where did you grow up?

What profession do you and your husband hold?

What's your favorite park around town?

Codysmom22908
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Quoting pumpooga:

Hi! I'm excited this is getting back undery-way!

How long have you lived in Springfield? Since 2005

Where did you grow up? Well, lol, for the first 8 years of my life I lived in the country close to a town called Tightwad, after my parents divorced mom and I moved to Deepwater, and then when I turned 17 I moved out and lived in Clinton...all of these towns are in Missouri about 90 miles north of here.

What profession do you and your husband hold? I am a Home Health Care Provider with Brooke Care Inc. I work with the mentally and physically disabled in their own homes.And during the day I babysit off and on for my coworkers.  My husband works at Loren Cook Company.

What's your favorite park around town? Nathaniel Greene park for walking and seeing the ducks and I think it is called New York park on West Nichols for my son to be able to run around and play.

CafeMom Tickers
Rockin_mom_of_6
by Group Owner on Jan. 18, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Hey Sarah. You and I have some things in common. I am from a bug family, too. I'm the youngest of 6. One of my daughters turned 12 on Saturday, and one of my other daughters was almost a Leap Year baby back in 2000, but I had them induced so her B-day is the 28th. She's turning 10.

What are your hobbies?

Do you want more kids?

mizkayla_06
by Member on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Where is your fave place to go out to eat in springfield?

After everywhere you have lived is spf ur fave ?

What kind of dogs do u have ?

Codysmom22908
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Quoting Rockin_mom_of_6:

Hey Sarah. You and I have some things in common. I am from a big family, too. I'm the youngest of 6. One of my daughters turned 12 on Saturday, and one of my other daughters was almost a Leap Year baby back in 2000, but I had them induced so her B-day is the 28th. She's turning 10.

Yeah planning a birthday for a Leap Year Day baby is a little hard but we are just celebrating it on the off years when it is convenient for us and then every 4 years we will definitely celebrate on the 29th!

What are your hobbies? Other than taking care of kids I like to be outside and doing just about anything.

Do you want more kids? I would love to have 4 or 5 kids but it just is not realistic ( for us anyway ), so we are gonna have one more.

CafeMom Tickers
Codysmom22908
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Quoting mizkayla_06:

Where is your fave place to go out to eat in springfield? Either the Mongolian resturant at Glenstone and Chestnut or the Mexican place right next to it.

After everywhere you have lived is spf ur fave ?

I would have to say yes since we bought a house here and in a good school district. We are not planning on ever moving again.

What kind of dogs do u have ?

This is Aris, she is a Great Pyrenees and English Setter mix:

And this is Mae, she is a shepard/collie mix:

CafeMom Tickers
pumpooga
by Group Admin on Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Your dogs are awesome!!!!

Codysmom22908
by on Jan. 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM

No more questions?

CafeMom Tickers
Rockin_mom_of_6
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2010 at 2:41 PM

I love the pics of your dogs. So cute. I am not much of a dog person myself. I like dogs, I just dont want to OWN one. lol But I have a good friend that has a pure bread Great Pyrenees  and he's all white and HUGE! I'm a cat person. She's in our group (east_coast_mama). Her name is Erica.

You said your parents passed away when you were a teen. Who raised you after that? Or were you out on your own yet. That must have been hard.

So, how did you and your husband meet?

How long did you date before you were married?

Where were you married?

Codysmom22908
by on Jan. 22, 2010 at 10:17 AM

Quoting Rockin_mom_of_6:

I love the pics of your dogs. So cute. I am not much of a dog person myself. I like dogs, I just dont want to OWN one. lol But I have a good friend that has a pure bread Great Pyrenees  and he's all white and HUGE! I'm a cat person. She's in our group (east_coast_mama). Her name is Erica.

I would love to have a pure bread! Maybe after these are gone. I have 2 cats that drive me crazy! They won't use the litter box properly no matter what I do so when they are gone we will not be getting anymore cats!!

You said your parents passed away when you were a teen. Who raised you after that? Or were you out on your own yet. That must have been hard.

I was 17 when my dad passed away and 20 when my mom passed away. I moved out on my own when I was almost 17. My younger brother moved in with our oldest brother and he went to college and became an electrician, after mom died. He was 16 when dad passed and 19 when mom passed.It was hard being so far away from my brother but at that point in my life I had made the decision to bury myself in drugs and sex, so I was no good to him.

So, how did you and your husband meet?

I met my husband on the square, a local hang out place in my home town, he saw me walking and asked if I wanted a ride. And we never left each others side from then on. He really saved my life because I was headed to either jail or an early grave. He showed me that there are men out there that did not just want to use me and only want sex. He stayed with me through my mom dying(she had lymphoma), only after a few months of dating, and helped me get off the drugs and back into school. He said he had waited for me his whole life, I was his first. He helped me see my self worth again.

How long did you date before you were married?

We dated for 4 years or so before we got married...I never thought marriage would be worth it because my parents were married for 33 years and had 7 children and got divorced so it took me a while to decide to say yes.

Where were you married?

We got married on 9-2-05 in Clinton at one of the parks. It has an outside ampatheater that we used to do the ceremony. Only about 20 people came and it was a perfect sunny day. We got married in our sunglasses! LOL! Which drove his family crazy, oh well!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)