Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Suggestions...

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:05 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

Okay my daughter is having her 6th birthday party this week-end, I have never had a party for her were all of her friends were coming from school and just the other kids we know from here and there.  We are up to around 24 kids currently, my question is what is something inexpensive I can do for goodie bags for the children?  I want to give them a goodie bag or something however even if you spend $1.00 or $2.00 a bag we could quickly get up to $50.00.  So any advice would be much appreciated.  Thanks  Bonnie

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TLGtara
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:10 AM

The last few parties we've been to, there were no goodie bags & I was actually grateful! 

Tara, mama to Drew (3/1/05) & Abby (2/3/08)
lacybracken
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 10:53 AM

I agree. I dont like my kids getting them sometimes. Especailly if there is candy or something you may not want them to have. My daughters party is Tuesday and Im not doing that either. I dont like that other kids are getting gifts for another childs birthday. The money should have been spent on that child unless they were older and they wanted to use they're money or something. I've never gave them out. Im mean they usually get snacks and food and cake and party favors I think thats more than enough.

bhobbs
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM

What do you think about having a bakery cookie in a clear bag and then a note on the bag that says "Thanks for enjoying this special day with us"  Then giving that to the kids as they leave?

santa blue

andrea_smkns
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2008 at 5:10 PM

I dont think its necessary to spend money on a bunch of junky toys and candy. Maybe if you just bought a big bag of candy and gave kids a small bag with some in it, or maybe buy a small thing of crayons for everyone and then print off coloring pages. ( there are sites online where you can do it for free, I think PBS is one of the many.) Or since there all in school maybe pencils or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)