Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gyms???

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

Hey ladies... Im looking for a gym.. The only ones I know of are Ozark fitness and the Y.. Are there anymore and which one do you think is best.. Also how much do they run per month/yr?? Thanks!! I plan on joining one in the next week but I wanted opinions from real people ya know..

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
angiebangie84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:47 PM

All I know of is the "Y", Ozark Fitness, Chesterfield and Doiling family center. I used to have a mership to Ozark Fitness, but in my opionion it was too overpriced and it was just crowded. I'd rather join the Y or Chesterfield. I like Chesterfields pool, but it kinda depends on what you think you'll use more of.....My friend who has a membership at the Y got a scholarship( almost like financial aide) and she only pays around 10 dollars a month.

aaliyahmom
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:49 PM

We go to the YMCA, and we got on the scholarship program which bases your fees off your income, and we pay 20.00 a month and that is for a family membership.

They have a form online you can fill out, or pick up one at the gym

dollymamma2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I go to the Meyer Center.  It is a little more expensive but the child care isgreat-very clean and lots of activities.

samanthajolyn
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I've never heard of this place. Where is it?

Quoting dollymamma2:

I go to the Meyer Center.  It is a little more expensive but the child care isgreat-very clean and lots of activities.

Jessimica
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:26 PM

It's right by Cox south on National, i agree it is a very nice place, had a membership when i worked for Cox.

Quoting samanthajolyn:

I've never heard of this place. Where is it?

Quoting dollymamma2:

andrea_smkns
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:31 AM

I have a membership for Chesterfield Family Center, and I like it because most of the time there's hardly anyone there, which i prefer. And then they have a nice indoor pool that I take Addison too, they have childcare that's included in the membership price, but they don't change diapers or feed them. Oh and I pay 29 a month for my individual membership.

Oh and plus if your member there you get discounts on like if you wanted to rent a room there for something, or if you wanted to have a b-day party there. And they also offer different swimming classes like Mommy and me swimming classes and if your a member its a little cheaper.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

deborahann139
by Member on Jan. 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM

We're also member at Chesterfield Family Center and really like it.  I'd agree with everything previous poster said.  We especially love the pool, the zero entry is perfect for little kids.  The machines are never overcrowded, at least when I've been there.  I think it's like $450/year for a family membership - there is a discount if you pay it all up front which is what we did, but you can pay monthly.  The rates are on their website under the Springfield/Greene County Parks dept.  I'm sure you can google it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)