Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New charter school video

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:42 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 166 Total Views

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Gem0614
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Thanks for sharing. It is so sad that KC and St. Louis have that option when it should be open to everyone. CHANGE is needed, but I don't think it is coming.

EduReform
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Currently, there is a bill in the legislature that would expand charter school options to any districts that are unaccrediated and it will also allow private colleges to sponsor charter schools.  While this does not bring it to the rest of the state, it at least is going in the right direction.  I agree there should be a bill sponsored to include the whole state and I think it will be coming soon, if not this year, soon. 

The movement is growing strong support and it needs more.  If you think you would like to support this cause, please go to http://www.childrenseducationalliance-mo.org/ and sign up on the email list.  The movement grows stronger one person at a time.  Every time a legislator hears from their constituents, the more likely they are to vote one way or another.  Your district would really benefit from charter schools and being the next biggest city below STL and KC, I would say you are next on the list.  Your elected officials will be more inclined to support issues like this if you and others let them know how they feel. 

I believe it will become more statewide soon...I know the schools need it!

Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)