• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommendations for St. John's OB's plz!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 256 Total Views

Hello there!

I really need to get on this group more often than just looking at the recent ones..sorry I haven't really been that involved.

Anywhoo..I'm switching from Cox to St. John's soon, and would love to know which Dr's you guys have had good experiences with. I'm not really too particular on the gender of the Dr. as long as they know what they are doing. I would like a Dr. that would support my decision to have a natural birth with no drugs and be able to move around if medically possible. I do plan on laboring at home for as long as I can, then heading to the hospital...all depending on any possible complications or whatnot.

Thanks you ladies! Oh and any ideas of where I can find some good furniture for dirt cheap? I've looked on craigslist and I think I just need to wait for yard sales this Spring and maybe summer. What I'm looking for is a desk..student or computer, dresser, twin size bed, and a few other things. I don't need them RIGHT now, but just an idea of where to look would be great. Thanks for all the info!

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
andrea_smkns
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Dr.Litherland is nice (female)

Dr. Williams is in the same office and I didn't like him at all

I now see Dr.Burk who is with st.johns just in a different building and hes ok, hes very laid back. Only doctor I had that does about everything, You only see the nurse for a min then he comes in and does everything else.

There is another female OB in the office as Dr.Litherland and Dr.Williams and she is super nice but I can not remember her name!! But shes really good!! I really wanted her but when I needed an OB she wasn't taking new patients at the time.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Gem0614
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM

I think Dr. Burk is great!

3isENOUGH
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Darren Lehnert...not only is he a great doc he's smokin hot.

He he.

shanamarie
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I just moved here from Manhattan, KS.  Before I moved I asked my OB if he knew anyone.  My OB in KS, Dr. Priddle was the best doctor I have ever had, I trust him completely.  He actually went through med school and did residency with Dr. Darren Lehnert.  I had appts set up with Dr. Lehnert when I moved here, just to find out that my insurance covers Cox so I couldn't use him and I was so upset. 

Dr. Priddle told me that during residency women would go to the hospital and request him all the time. 

Good luck.

Quoting 3isENOUGH:

Darren Lehnert...not only is he a great doc he's smokin hot.

He he.

Rockin_mom_of_6
by Group Owner on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I had Dr Williams with my twins and I loved him and his nurses. They were great.

TLGtara
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Dr Williams delievered Drew.  I LOVED him!  Our insurance had changed to Cox with my daughter, and I was so sad to leave Dr Williams!

Tara, mama to Drew (3/1/05) & Abby (2/3/08)
nanasmommy07
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Thanks! I've heard things about Dr. Litherland, but I'll also check out Mr. Hotty..lol Dr. Lehnert. haha It's always nice to see a good face whenever you're huge and uncomfortable. lol

LogansMommy116
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Any good suggestions for female dr's at St Johns? Our insurance also switched.

deborahann139
by Member on Jan. 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Dr. Lehnert was my OB for my second son and I liked him.  He was fine with me going naturally, though he didn't really seem to get why I wanted to, but he was supportive of it.  He did make me promise not to wait too long to go to the hospital, since my first was born less than an hour after getting there.  I ended up being induced (8 days late and big baby), and it turned out that baby had turned sideways sometime between my 40 week appt and my induction.  Dr. Lehnert did an external version and saved me from a c-section, so I am greatful for that.

Debbie

mom to Nate (4) and Luke (2)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)