Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

~The Lovely Weather~

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM
  • 33 Replies
  • 757 Total Views

Has anyone been out in it?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lacybracken
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Kris tried to go to work today.. He made it out of our subdivision (which isnt plowed) and down 140 and all the way to Chesnut and turned around.. Once he say the main road (our side of town) were still horrible, he came home. If anyone gets out.. Please be careful. 

onegirltwinboyz
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I went to the gym this morning around 6am.  The roads were still covered a little but were starting to clear and get just wet.  I had to drive about 35-45mph everywhere.  It seemed more slick in areas that they started clearing. 

Be careful if anyone trys to go out.

Michelle

Jessimica
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Austin went to work at 4am this morning, he never called me so I'm assuming he got there safe. I'll talk to him tonight when he gets home and see how the roads are.

pumpooga
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:05 AM

Tom went to work this morning. Luckily the Jeep (typically known as the EVIL Jeep) has working (surprisingly) 4wd and he used it to get to work.  He informed me that there were plenty of people who called in late or absent to work and his supervisor was really disappointed and upset with those who didn't make it. It made me kind of irritated because if the roads were still pretty bad out I'd rather be safe driving slowly or not going out in it at all...  I went out on my porch and spread some salt out. It was crunchy though so I think I made things worse and slippery for the mailman.

JessicaRose
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:05 AM

I think I'm going to try to brave the roads to go to the gym...haven't decided yet!

angiebangie84
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I tried to go to work this morning. I went out and my car was covered in a 2inch block of ice.  My dumb butt got the Trunk open and I crawled thru my trunk to get into my car, I started my car, I kranked up the defroster grabbed my scraper and de-icer stuff and crawled back out my trunk and started chipping away, Mind you, I'm a big girl and I drive a Ford Taurus. lol. ( my kid was in the house by himself the whole time watching mickeymouse LOL!) in the process of chipping my car outa the ice,  I busted my windshield wiper. and while I'm scraping its hailing be-be sized ice, so its a never ending battle. I scrape and then boom more ice!. I had my car running for a hour and nothing melted!. ...I crawled back in my trunk turned my car off crawled back out and came in the house and called the musem telling them I aint coming in today!.,

lacybracken
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Awhh.. Sounds like you had a rough morning..lol

Quoting angiebangie84:

I tried to go to work this morning. I went out and my car was covered in a 2inch block of ice.  My dumb butt got the Trunk open and I crawled thru my trunk to get into my car, I started my car, I kranked up the defroster grabbed my scraper and de-icer stuff and crawled back out my trunk and started chipping away, Mind you, I'm a big girl and I drive a Ford Taurus. lol. ( my kid was in the house by himself the whole time watching mickeymouse LOL!) in the process of chipping my car outa the ice,  I busted my windshield wiper. and while I'm scraping its hailing be-be sized ice, so its a never ending battle. I scrape and then boom more ice!. I had my car running for a hour and nothing melted!. ...I crawled back in my trunk turned my car off crawled back out and came in the house and called the musem telling them I aint coming in today!.,

Rockin_mom_of_6
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:51 AM

I'm thinkin about braving it to go to the gym, too. Wow, crawling through your trunk? That's determination right there. My husband went to work this morning and he said he had to let his car run for 45 minutes to get it de-iiced enough. I'm not looking forward to that part. What a waste of precious gas. But, what else do I have to spend money on? I mean, besides little luxuries like...food, diapers & electricity! Sheesh!

littleCali
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:58 AM

Im sure my manager will be a pain about me being off. My supervisor told me not to chance to. Daycare is closed. Thats make me mad a supervisor would be mad if you can't make it in, The news has been saying all day. "If you don't have to go out the don't. I work at a doctors clinic. Hardly no one will come in. My husband just ran to Walmart in Branson West and didn't even pass 5 cars. There was only one checker there. Not to mention it took 2.5 hours to get home last night. So Im sure it would have taken 1.5 hours this morning and the same back home. I live south of Nixa so we have worse weather than Springfield.

Oh well done ranting. Everyone be safe

Gem0614
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM

I'm not going anywhere today, but if I have no school again tomorrow than I will probably be out and about tomorrow. I just don't like to go out in this when I have the girls-they are too precious of cargo!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)