Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Science for kids question

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 185 Total Views

So in July I am leading two science camps at the Orion Science Center in Camdenton, MO.  I have the first one all planned out, but I am lacking on ideas for the second camp. This is for kids ages 6-10.

So my question is....If your child was going to a science camp, what would they be wanting to learn about? What are there biggest interests?

My ideas so far have had to do with learning about animals or weather or sound and vibrations or gross science experiments.  I could do a different thing each day.  I'm just not sure what they would like learning about the most

Any ideas?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lacybracken
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:34 PM

Hey.. I found this for you.. http://www.education.com/activity/first-grade/science/  it has ideas and also gives directions for simple experiments for children around that age.. Hope it helps you alittle. My kids are still pretty young so I dont think i could get any good advice from them..lol

lacybracken
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:35 PM
Gem0614
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Thanks. Those had some great experiments. I need some themes though for the whole week.

I think I saw some stuff on their for the life cycle that looked cool.

Maybe I could do a 4 seasons theme. On Monday, I could do winter and how things freeze and melt. We could learn about winter animals and the such.  Then on Tuesday I could do Spring and do the life cycles and how plants bloom, etc.

andrea_smkns
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:00 AM

lol I know Im no help at all but when I saw what your kids age 6-10 would like to learn about it made me think of my niece who is 6 and shes very interested in breasts lol Shes always asking why mine are smaller then her moms lol But Im not sure if that would make a good topic for a week of science.

Um maybe you could do something with bugs, like show them how to dissect a bug. And tell them how crickets can tell you the temperature with there chirping. And talk about all the gross things that bugs do. Oh and they could make there own little cage to keep bugs in they caught.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)