Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler bed questions and Items Im looking for

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM
  • 23 Replies
  • 343 Total Views

Im looking for Books for Little Leaps Leap pad. I have: One Bear in the Bedroom and Rainbow Fish. Cali loves it and they have disconntinued it. Ive checked some of the consignment shops and will continue to do so, but thought I'd check here too.

Im also looking for a Toddler Bed (prefer wood).---I know its been dicussed before but when did you put your child in a toddler bed? Cali will be 2 in April

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gem0614
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I put Lily in a toddler bed right before she turned two and it only took her about 2 days to get use to it.  However when she got a little bigger she started getting up and playing so I had to put most of her toys out of reach for bedtime. 

I might be able to sell Lily's toddler bed if you want something simple. It is a white metal one, but I was wanting to sell it with the mattress. Are you needing the mattress?

littleCali
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Hmmm..I kind of want a wood one. I just update post. If it takes a crib mattress then I do have one.

Quoting Gem0614:

I put Lily in a toddler bed right before she turned two and it only took her about 2 days to get use to it.  However when she got a little bigger she started getting up and playing so I had to put most of her toys out of reach for bedtime. 

I might be able to sell Lily's toddler bed if you want something simple. It is a white metal one, but I was wanting to sell it with the mattress. Are you needing the mattress?

daydreaminmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Corbin got his toddler bed and new bedding for it on his 1st bday (he never slept in his crib!). Em got her toddler bed for Christmas from my mom and i'm getting her the matching bedding when the tax return comes in.

Corbin had a wood one... but with Em we went with the toddler room in a box from WalMart because it matches everything from her nursery. Plus it's SOOO durable, lol

As for the lil leap pad, Em's addicted to hers so there's no way I could get them away from her, lol. Check on ebay or amazon.com maybe?

MissMelody85
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM

I have a toddler bed for you as soon as I can find an inexpensive twin/full with mattress.  Mine is a wood toddler bed. I'd sell it for 10 bucks. It is oak in color, and you can have the mattress with it if you need it.

littleCali
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Sounds good, I will prob. take it. You got a picture too? Im not is a big hurry. I was just bored and thinging of things I need to get and get ride of for Cali

MissMelody85
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM

I'll take a pic tomorrow and send it your way.  I see beds on Craigslist all the time.  I just cant find an inexpensive twin/full with newer mattress for a good price.

th10deadf1.gif picture by babyboomboom0029

littleCali
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Yea, you always see that stuff when your not looking. Again no hurry.

When she gets old enough my husband is going to make a loft bed. He had one for his daughter when we were in KC, it turned out really good. The good thing is you can put a desk or whatever underneith an have alot more space in your room

samanthajolyn
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Quoting Gem0614:

I put Lily in a toddler bed right before she turned two and it only took her about 2 days to get use to it.  However when she got a little bigger she started getting up and playing so I had to put most of her toys out of reach for bedtime

Where did you put them? Just in a closet or something? I've been thinking about switching Ally over soon. We want her to be used to being out of a crib before the new baby arrives and has a crib, BUT I'm afraid she'll be messing with her stuff all the time. Did you anchor Lily's dresser to the wall too?

samanthajolyn
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I would check Furniture Factory Outlet and a few other places on Furniture row on your way back from church Sunday. They usually have really good prices on twin sets, esp right BEFORE tax season (during it tons of ppl are buying beds & the prices spike)--so hurry lol. I know we got my nephew's new bed and mattress there for right at $100.

Or you could always get one of those bed-in-a-box things for caleb and use his crib mattress? Did he just not like the kid bed?

Quoting MissMelody85:

I'll take a pic tomorrow and send it your way.  I see beds on Craigslist all the time.  I just cant find an inexpensive twin/full with newer mattress for a good price.

samanthajolyn
by New Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:35 AM

A twin bed with mattress & drawers:

http://springfield.craigslist.org/fuo/1010795666.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)