Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in the Spotlight!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 512 Total Views

Hi, everyone!  Elisa tagged me for this gig.  I haven't been very involved in here lately.  Haven't really been on CM as much as usual ever since I had my third little one.  So sorry if you don't know me.  The last few days I've been getting on CM more, so hopefully, I'll be dropping in more! ; )

I am Lindsey!  We have lived in Springfield for about four years.  I have been married to my husband, Robert for almost 7 years.  We have three kids: Darby (five and a half), Bryse (two and a half), and Cal (six months old).  I primarily stay home with the kiddos but work two odd little jobs.  One for Ribbies Hair clippies (www.ribbiesclippies.com) and one of my own teeny business making and selling mainly mei tai baby carriers (milestonemeitai.blogspot.com) .  My husband just finished going to Forest Institue of Psychology.  He's done with the academic portion of his doctrate and we are heading to Augusta, GA in September for his internship with the Army.  In a year he will officially be an Army Psychologist.  Hmmmm.....I think, that's it as far as introducing myself?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hymanshouse
by Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Hey Lindsey,

So do you plan to have more kids?

How many, and when?

Are you excited about your move to GA?

What's your favorite kind of music?

Do you drink coffee?

What goals to you plan to accomplish in the next 5 years, 10 years, and 20 years?

Homeschool/Public School?

east_coast_mama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Where did you live before Springfield?

How did you and Your husband meet?

What is your favorite thing to do when you get a minute alone? (i know with a 6 month old that is rare!)

What is your favorite movie and why?

What music do you listen to?

What is your favorite book and why?

How long will you be in Augusta? Will you come back here?
Roosbabe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Quoting hymanshouse:

Hey Lindsey,

So do you plan to have more kids?  Yup,

How many, and when?  as many as I can pop out before I turn 30 (three years)

Are you excited about your move to GA? Working on it.  I've been reading devotions lately about leaving one season of life and venturing into a new one.  Physically and logically I'm psyched and rearing to go, emotionally I'm a wreck.

What's your favorite kind of music?  Mainly, christian punk rock and rap.  I also like some "dark broadway" stuff, like Sweeny Todd and Phantom of the Opera.

Do you drink coffee? Nope

What goals to you plan to accomplish in the next 5 years, 10 years, and 20 years?
eegad,  5 years:  Get Robert's school paid off, be done having kids.  Figure out what type of educating we will do for all of them (public, private, homeschool).  And decide on what type of career I want after I'm done child rearing and get the needed education for that.
10 years:  Be done with education for ME!  ( I wanna take it slow)
20 years:  Retire and travel and have lots of sex with my husband!!! ; )

Homeschool/Public School? Ha!  Don't know yet.  I'm guessing homeschool for now.  Reluctantly, I'm not really 'wanting' to, but feeling led to.

pumpooga
by Group Admin on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:44 PM

What's one of your favorite datenight spots here in Springfield?

Does your family camp?

What's with Razzorback obsession? And do you have it?

If you could be one animal, what would it be and why?

If you had endless money what one pair of apparel would you buy?

Roosbabe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Quoting east_coast_mama:

Where did you live before Springfield? Walnut Ridge, AR.  That is where my husband got his undergrad degree.

How did you and Your husband meet? Thru my sis.  He liked her, she didn't like him.  They went to college together.  We met and got married 5 months later.

What is your favorite thing to do when you get a minute alone? (i know with a 6 month old that is rare!) Computer or reading.  I do alot of research into all things parenting related.  Elisa and I have that in common, obsession with eating and health and new found thoughts of alternative medicine.  So much to read and so little time!!

What is your favorite movie and why?  I have several, but Raising Arizona is way up there.  I love the comedic style and classic phrases.  I love watching movies.

What music do you listen to? Answered above!

What is your favorite book and why? I think my favorite for now is "Pushed" by Jennifer Block.  There is just an amazing amount of info crammed into it and written in such a down to earth way.  I learned a ton from it and lend it to any of my friends that are willing to read it!  (btw, it's about the over technologies of birth in our country)

How long will you be in Augusta? Will you come back here? For atleast two years.  From there Robert owes the Army four years for a scholarship he got.  But if we like the army, we will stay in until he retires.  We would LOVE to come back to Springfield.  We really love living here.

Roosbabe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Quoting pumpooga:

What's one of your favorite datenight spots here in Springfield? Ocean Zen  We love the food!  But only go maybe once or twice a year.

Does your family camp? No.  Poo.  We would love to, but just haven't yet.  Plus Darby is really fearful of everything outside so I figure it would be a train wreck.

What's with Razzorback obsession? And do you have it? You mean the Arkansas Razorbacks???  I wouldn't say I'm obsessed, but I am a fan and LOVE dressing my kids in the clothes.  Especially now that I have a boy!  He's already wearing little Razorback Uniforms!  I am originally from NW Arkansas, right near Fayettville.  So....Pig Sooouuuiiiii!!!!

If you could be one animal, what would it be and why? A cat.  Cuz they get to be lazy and do whatever the want in the comfort of a loving home!!

If you had endless money what one pair of apparel would you buy?

pumpooga
by Group Admin on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:02 PM

That's awesome! LOL and funny. But completely awesome.

eegad,  5 years:  Get Robert's school paid off, be done having kids.  Figure out what type of educating we will do for all of them (public, private, homeschool).  And decide on what type of career I want after I'm done child rearing and get the needed education for that.
10 years:  Be done with education for ME!  ( I wanna take it slow)
20 years:  Retire and travel and have lots of sex with my husband!!! ; )

Roosbabe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:23 PM

(forgot to answer this one)

If you had endless money what one pair of apparel would you buy? Hmmm..... I've been wanting to buy alot of sundresses and skirts.  Which is way out of character for me.  But since we are going to be living in the heat, that's what I want to stay cool  So I guess flowy sundresses and skirts.

I just made a new siggy.  What do you think?  Finally a new pic of all my kids!

melissamommyof3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:06 PM

What was your favorite part about having Cal at home?

What is your favorite meal to make for your family?

What is the coolest thing you have learned in the past couple weeks of you online researching of things?

What is your favorite family activity? 

Roosbabe
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Quoting melissamommyof3:

What was your favorite part about having Cal at home?  I could write a book on that! ; )  But lately I have really been thanking God for His timing of the experience of Cal's birth.  If I had had his labor/birth with either of my first two, I was not educated enough and surely would've ended up with a csection.  Because my water was broken for 79 hours before he was actually born.  I spent those three days poring over medical studies trying to determine if it was safe to go on and never found any scientific proof that it was dangerous to go beyond 24 hours.  So having that knowledge and the faith that my midwives had in me and birth was priceless.  There was never any yelling at me to push or to get in a different position.  Really there wasn't anything that I didn't like!

What is your favorite meal to make for your family? Lately I have been trying to widen my breakfast arena.  So I've been enjoying making green smoothies and oatemeal for the first time for everyone.  With the oatmeal I make a plate of "add ins" like, cut up apples, brown sugar, raisins, pomogranet kernels, or cut up banana.  It's so fun!

What is the coolest thing you have learned in the past couple weeks of you online researching of things? I read about a mom that totally healed her son from autism with the help of a homeopath over a couples years of treatment.  I have been repeatedly amazed by what I'm finding on homeopaths, wether it be in our own home, thru friends, or reading medical studies on their effectivness.

What is your favorite family activity?   Sitting in the front yard after dinner.  We do an early dinner and bedtime at our house, so occasionally after we eat we sit outside and watch the kids play and talk for about an hour or so.  It's so relaxing and fun and simple!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)