Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello everyone!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 5:32 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 359 Total Views
I am new to the group here.  I don't have lupus, but my husband was diagnosed in January 2007.  He has lost his job because of it.  He was doing some physical work and is unable to do it because of his pain and joint swelling.  It has been a tough road to travel, as we are also expecting our third child any day now.  Some days are worse than others.  Like he kept waking up tonight puking from his meds, which is why I'm cafemomin' it at 4:30 in the morning!!  Lol!  I hope we can all offer each other some support and maybe even tips for feeling better.
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 5:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lionsheartmojo
by Group Owner on Apr. 10, 2007 at 10:34 AM
Thank you so very much for sharing you and your husbands story...

I understand the job situation, I am a Catering Chef, and I had to find a much , much, eaiser job to do cause i just could not do the work i used to do ...

is your husband working now...

I don't take meds right now, but i do have some problems...

I just applied 4 SSI I am waiting for there response right now, They will probably deny me, Because Lupus Is a rather new disorder.. but I will keep
trying...

thats why i started this group, so others could come and share there situations

and perhaps people will take notice

I figure if we get the word out we will be more understood

peace and luv 2 all

monica
Starry_Morning
by Member on Apr. 10, 2007 at 2:42 PM
My husband is not working at the moment, as we're still kind of getting used to the idea of this whole thing.  He would like to work again, but he too is trying to get SSI & it "looks worse" if you are able to work.  After the baby we are going to be starting an in-care daycare together and see how that goes.  I have a feeling it's going to be sort of an ongoing life-long battle. 
lionsheartmojo
by Group Owner on Apr. 11, 2007 at 9:56 AM
that is so true...if u r able to work it looks bad for you

i told them i have no problem working if they can find me a job that has no rules for the amount of time i call off, because I  never know when i wake up in the morning if i am going to be able to funtion, i told them the same thing about going to school, i had to drop out because it was to cold outside and my lungs could not take the cold, and this is noted ny my doctor...

my lupus also effects my eyes, some dqays i can see really well, other days i can hardly see at all...also noted by my doctor

i want to work, i am not working now because i am a chef for a catering company, and i  just cant do it anymore..

so i have been just sitting at home not doing much of nothing..

i will keep you posted about the SSI ststus

b talkin 2 ya soon

peace and luv 2 ya
Crystal07
by Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:24 PM
Im sorry to hear about your financial strain because of your husband.. It is really hard to loose an income.. we lost our house and a car because of me getting lupus after starting a rather profitable career.. We moved to Mo to be close to family.. we had moved in with them to save money until I heard about wether or not I would be approved for disability. I was finally approved this month so there is hope.  I wish you the best of luck. What kind of therapy are they giving him.. Do you know what drugs he is on?  I ended up having to be on three different immune suppresants and Im still not able to get off pain patches or steroids.. Its very sad that they havent done more research on lupus but hang in there its a hard road but I am hear to listen with understanding and support if you need it!
Crystal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)