Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do for a living?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:29 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 380 Total Views
My hubby's been out of work since January, when he got his first flare up.  He lost his job for it.  Not that his work was really strenuous, but anyone who has lupus understands that some days you just can't even get out of bed.  It's so frustrating that people don't understand.  Everyone thinks he's the man, he should be stronger and be able to provide for his family.  I've even had someone accuse him of just "faking it."  Yeah, he really faked losing 30 lbs. & his knuckles swelling up to twice their size!!  Yell  Grrr.  So anyway, he says he wants to work again someday, but what jobs are there out there for someone who never knows if he's gonna be able to come in from day to day?  Anybody else have this problem?  Right now we are working on starting our own daycare out of our home, which is something he can help me with when able, so that's good.  I am also worried about him being around potentially sick kids, though.  Should I be concerned with this?
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 5:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lionsheartmojo
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:50 AM
WELL LIKE I SAID BE4, I AM A CATERING CHEF...

I QUIT MY JOB BECAUSE IT IS HARD TO STAND ON MY FEET FOR 10-14 HOURS PER DAY, AND USE MY HANDS TO HOLD THE KNIFE TO CUT THINGS ....AND PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS...

I AM GETTING READY TO START A NEW JOB THAT I WILL NOT HAVE TO DO VERY MUCH...  COMPAIRING IT TO MY LAST JOB...

A SUPERVISOR JOB AT STAPLES I WILL HAVE 3-4 PEOPLE THAT I WILL BE TRAINING

AND IT WOULD BE NICE IF JOBS HAD NO RULES FOR ATTENDANCE, BECAUSE THEN WE WOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY...

THE ONE JOB I HAD AT THE HOSPITAL HAD F.M.L.A.

FAMILY  MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE

THAT PRETTY WELL COVERED TAKING DAYS OFF

PEACE AND LUV 2 ALL
Crystal07
by Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 6:30 PM
Unfortunately.. this could be a very serious problem.  Depending on the treatments he receives he could get very sick.  I have hand sanitizer on me all the time.. We can die from a simple infection.  He does have to be careful not to get sick.  I know thats not what you want to hear but his immune system being suppressed is the only known way to cope with lupus and that means getting sick is very dangerous.  Write me anytime.. Im hear to listen.. he needs to apply for ssi.. there is five month waiting period once your approved so the sooner he isnt working the sooner your benefits will start.. there really isnt a job we can do at will.. everyday is different.. somedays your arms hurt somedays you can move somedays you cant stand.. its a mental drain and the fatigue and tiredness is real.. Its uncommon in men so he is probably struggling with that fact to.  Just get a good rhuematologist and hang in there.. Ok?.. I would love to offer any knowledge I have. I have been suffering for about a year now!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)