Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SSI denied

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 431 Total Views
Just wanted to share with everyone my disappointment.  Hubby got his denial letter today.  Yell  He is working with a disability lawyer right now, but I have a feeling it will still be a long wait before we can get any help.  I am so frustrated.  He is clearly unable to work.  WTF does he have to do to get them to see that, turn into a vegetable???
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lionsheartmojo
by Group Owner on Apr. 15, 2007 at 1:38 PM
I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT...AND I HOPE THE LAWER IS ABLE TO HELP YOU...

THERE IS A MEMBER HERE NAMED CRYSTAL07

CHECK HER OUT, SHE HAS RECEIVED SSI I BELIEVE ON HER FIRST TRY

PERHAPS SHE HAS SOME POINTERS

PEACE AN LUV 2 ALL
dphmommy
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2007 at 1:40 AM
Im sorry he got denied. from what i heard talking to a lawyer is a very good way to get through the crappy ssi process. everyone usually gets denied  a bunch of times, if u dont know the best way to get in. the local lupus support group taught me a lot. dont try to get ssi if u dont have to. if he really really needs it.. keep fighting for it. he will get it.
stormnjen
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2007 at 11:33 AM
I also have been battling w/ SSI and on my appeal, I am in the process of hiring a lawyer to help me too. I hope this is worth it. I haven't worked since 05 and w/ the immunosup. drugs I can't be out in public to work, and am in too much pain to sit and work from home. But they say you can do something out there.....walk in my shoes and then talk to me...
Crystal07
by Member on Apr. 18, 2007 at 11:41 AM
In response to Stormnjen:

Amen sister.. that is what I am saying.. we are at such risk  health wise and any stress can start a flare.. So im with you.. walk even a half a mile in my shoes then tell me what I can do.. :) Its tough.. I wish they would just make a cure already for us then we would all be back to normal.... maybe in the next life (Jk_)

I did meet an awesome mom on here whose hubby is an immunologist.. he does some work on finding cures for illnesses like ours. He is located out of ST Louis, Mo.. I will keep you updated on any new drugs coming our way ok! 
msdee912
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2007 at 9:34 PM
Im sorry top hear that he was denied again.  I applied 4 times in Georgia and was denied even with a lawyer.  Im hoping that her in Arizona it will be different
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)