Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lupus Recovery Diet.

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 867 Total Views
Has anyone tried it? Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wearymoon
by Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I've never heard of if but I am looking into it now. Check back in to let us know if you try it.

deenakate
by on Jun. 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I have been on it for one week, well as of tomorrow, I am giving it three months before I jump to conclusions.

It's not easy, but if a diet change can restore even part of my life then I am going to do it.

What could it hurt?
supermillerMom
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Can you give us a brief idea of what it involves?  I know for sure a lot of foods are "triggers" for me, but of course they're everything I love, so I'm never able to just give them up.  Keep us all posted on how it goes. 

deenakate
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Basically you give up the four whites, salt, flour, sugar and dairy. And all meat.

I also have celiac disease, so I am gluten free.

So when asked to try this, my doctor told me I would be a gluten free vegan.

I feel so much better, not as many muscle spasms. It's not easy. But knowing I have some control over my disease, vs taking more poison, it was worth letting go my favorite things. I have new favorite things.

Quoting supermillerMom:

Can you give us a brief idea of what it involves?  I know for sure a lot of foods are "triggers" for me, but of course they're everything I love, so I'm never able to just give them up.  Keep us all posted on how it goes. 

wearymoon
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Too funny, as soon as I read this it reminded me to take my meds.

Quoting deenakate:

Basically you give up the four whites, salt, flour, sugar and dairy. And all meat.

I also have celiac disease, so I am gluten free.

So when asked to try this, my doctor told me I would be a gluten free vegan.

I feel so much better, not as many muscle spasms. It's not easy. But knowing I have some control over my disease, vs taking more poison, it was worth letting go my favorite things. I have new favorite things.

Quoting supermillerMom:

supermillerMom
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I've been reading a book called "The Virgin Diet" and aside from meat (organic) she basically has you give up all the same things.  I was on it for about four days and weight dropped and I was feeling better but breakfasts are nearly impossible  (There are 7 things you have to give up: sugar, eggs, gluten, sugar substitutes, soy, corn, dairy) We run our household on a tight budget and her solutions to breakfasts are to make protein shakes.  What do your breakfasts look like? 

deenakate
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:46 AM
1 mom liked this
My breakfasts are smoothies, a little almond milk, banana, a few pieces of fruit, ice and coconut oil.

Or I have coconut milk yogurt.
momof3inCT
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM

my sister bought me this book and dvd and the reading of it all is interesting the testimonials are inspiring but I cannot do a vegan diet just me. but I do know when I do my south beach diet I feel 70% or more better so I think there is some truth to this. I have had many drs who claim diet will not make lupus go away but will help with energy so............good luck and keep usposted as to how it works for you!

deenakate
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel so much better. I really believe that it is making a difference
FrumpyMama
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Sweet! I'm trying an elimination diet as well. I read an article on FoodMatters.com that talked about treating autoimmune disorders and how most of them are related to food. It was a great list of things to think about and try out.  I'm currently going gluten free and partly vegan (since I haven't found a good replacement for the sulfer and healthy fats in eggs yet).  I've been treating mine with vitamin supplements and a not so dedicated diet for a while. The supplements are a HUGE part of why I've been feeling this good for this long. More than anything I decided that I NEED to figure out what foods and things are triggers for me. I NEED to start thinking seriously about this as something that could kill me due to complications. I could take meds, but you can still be seriously ill and die while taking the meds.  I'd rather give up foods and adjust my diet than take more meds if it can be controled other ways. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)