Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have trouble eating?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 444 Total Views

I've dropped 36 lbs. 4 pant sizes, 2 shirt sizes and 2 cup sizes. I can not eat. I have to force myself to eat the amount you'd feed an infant. I'm drinking protein shakes but the consistency makes me gag sometimes. I've tried phenegran- it drugs me. Zofran gives me headaches.

I just have NO appetite, I don't enjoy food anymore, I have a lot of nausea and stomach pain :( And when I begin to get to the point where I can manage to force food down, my frigging mouth breaks out. The skin off my tongue came completly off :( I am so sick of this.....

by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
supermillerMom
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I have not had this problem but I do know it's a common symptom of Lupus.  I've read a lot about the mouth ulcers as well.  I'm so sorry you're going through this :(  Pay close attention to what you DO eat - keep a journal - and see if anything seems to trigger the ulcers or makes them worse.  Dairy and wheat/gluten seem to be the #1 triggers for most people.  I also notice problems with peanuts.  Good luck :( 

Lorissa11
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2016 at 10:39 AM

This happened to me a lot. Steroids usually did the trick though. Have you takled to your doctor about it? If your body isnt getting nutrients, things could only get worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)