• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT PAIN MEDS DO YOU TAKE?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 241 Total Views

I am currently taking Vicodin for joint pain. This seems to help a lot. Celebrex did not even touch the pain. I am curious as to what pain meds you take. Since I'm new to the Lupus diagnosis, I was wondering if Vicodin is a drug of choice for the pain. Thanks for your help!

Shellygroup hug

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MrsArmyWife06
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Quoting shelly677:

I am currently taking Vicodin for joint pain. This seems to help a lot. Celebrex did not even touch the pain. I am curious as to what pain meds you take. Since I'm new to the Lupus diagnosis, I was wondering if Vicodin is a drug of choice for the pain. Thanks for your help!

Shellygroup hug

Oxycontin and Percocet, but it's from Chonric Pelvic Pain, but I was toldit may help the Lupus... I don't have any side effects from Lupus, just tired all the damn time!!

Lilypie Expecting a baby TickerLilypie 21 - 37 day cycle Ticker

amymarie71
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:50 AM

I have been taking Vicodin for 5 years and it is really not working anymore.  About 6 months ago my Dr increased the milligrams but that isn't helping.  I am scared to get anything stronger because I am afraid to get addicted but the pain is so great that I may have to.

peaceandquie319
by Member on Jan. 30, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I'm currently Breast feeeding so I take Ultracet on bad pain days.

jblueeyes228
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 3:46 AM

I also took vicodin for years till it no longer helped,cymbalta is only an antidepressant that never worked . Now I take methadone 60mg a day. It not only helps with the pain but also the fatigue. Although I still have to rest or nap during the day, it help tremendously. I used to not be ABLE to get out of bed. After 3yrs of taking methadone I still take it as prescribed and  have not become addicted by any means. Good Luck

Quoting amymarie71:

I have been taking Vicodin for 5 years and it is really not working anymore.  About 6 months ago my Dr increased the milligrams but that isn't helping.  I am scared to get anything stronger because I am afraid to get addicted but the pain is so great that I may have to.

doll2660
by on Jan. 31, 2009 at 3:49 AM
I take oxycontin for a long lasting med and percocet without tylenol as break through. I would not be able to move if I did not take it. Good Luck-you do what you need to do
amymarie71
by on Feb. 1, 2009 at 3:34 AM

Thank you for the encouragment.  I see the doctor on 2/11.  I will see what he says.

Quoting jblueeyes228:

I also took vicodin for years till it no longer helped,cymbalta is only an antidepressant that never worked . Now I take methadone 60mg a day. It not only helps with the pain but also the fatigue. Although I still have to rest or nap during the day, it help tremendously. I used to not be ABLE to get out of bed. After 3yrs of taking methadone I still take it as prescribed and  have not become addicted by any means. Good Luck

Quoting amymarie71:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)