Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to area

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:22 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 244 Total Views
I need information on schools! We are moving to ft. myers in July and my daughter will be in 1st grade and my son will be 3. I need to know some good elementary schools and how the choice/lottery system works. We will probably live in the historic district/downtown. I also would like the names of reputable preschools for my little guy. If anyone knows of a good community/non denomitional/bible church that would be great too. Thanks!!!
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
overjoyedmom
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Hi there.

Three of my step-kids go to St. Francis Xavier School (Catholic School), which is located in downtown Ft. Myers. My oldest step-daughter starts at Bishop Verot Catholic High School this Fall. My husband and I have a son of our own who is 8 months old, and we plan on sending him to SFX as soon as he's 4 years old. And actually, my husband and his 3 siblings all attended SFX and BVHS as well! They're great schools. I know that School Choice is a bit of a problem down here. I have 2 sisters who have children in teh public school system and their choices of schools aren't that great once the kids are moving on to middle and high school (they live in Gateway). I attended Tanglewood Elementary, Ft Myers Middle School, and Ft Myers High School. Now, that was a while ago (I'm now 30), but they were pretty good schools back then! Good luck with your choice and if you're leaning more toward putting them in public school, I'd definitely find out the school choice boundaries! Good luck and I hope I was somewhat helpful!?

CloversMom623
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Welcome to the area! My step kids go to Cape Coral Christian School. And my daughter when it's time.  I can't complain they get straight A's. I also go to First Assembly West on Pine Island, everyone there is so friendly and inviting. Historic Downtown is probably the best thing about Fort Myers. Let me know when you get into town. We can grab coffe or tea. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)