Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spirirual Warfare (What About The Children)

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

How do we protect our children from spiritual attack,can they be possessed? 

How do we know if they are dealing with some kind of spiritual attack?

Does the bible say anything about children and possession?

by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DINA35
by Group Admin on Feb. 3, 2010 at 7:40 AM

I will have to do some research on this one the only thing I do know is that the spirits in us reside also in our children and way we rid ourselves of ungodly spirits are children are also freed as well.

I also know our defense against the enemy attacking our children is to pray over them everyday and anoint their heads with oil commanding a hedge of protection around them.

NannyB.
by on Feb. 3, 2010 at 8:30 AM

The passage that immediately came to my mind was Mark 9:17-29 where the boy was possessed with a "dumb spirit."  Jesus said that this kind comes out by nothing except prayer and fasting.  I believe that there are many children tormented today by evil spirits, if not possessed by them.  Years ago, when my husband and I were just getting serious about our walk with the Lord, we heard several teachings on this subject.  We were told to search our homes for statues, music, books or anything which might be representative of the kingdom of darkness and get them out of our home.  We went through our house and did that.  Many years after that, we were given an object that appeared innocent enough and it was one that the children really liked, so we put it in one of their rooms.  The children were older by this time, so we thought nothing about it.  They all married and left home and we still had that object.  The grandchildren slept in the room where the object was when they came to spend the night.  One night, one of them told me that he didn't like this thing, and I asked him why.  He said, "Nanny, look at its eyes."  For the first time I saw the evil in that thing and immediately took it out of the house and put it in the dumpster.  We were also taught that parents who have participated in the occult may have opened doors for evil spirits to enter into their children.  The Bible teaches that the sins of the fathers is visited upon the children to the third and fourth generation.  I don't think we Christians take that seriously enough.  I do  know that in my lifetime, I have seen a marked increase in behaviors that by Biblical standards could be classified as demonic.  I have often wondered if there could be a connection between that and the increasing numbers of children who are growing up in homes with no fatherly protection.  We moms are important, no doubt, but it is the fathers who are charged with guiding and protecting the family.  So I definitely think it is a problem in our world today.  What to do about it only God can tell us.

Charlie
by Group owner-admin on Feb. 3, 2010 at 7:17 PM

NannyD

Alot of what you said was the answer I was looking for like the possessed child, and the fact that parents do open the door by being involved in the occult.

Also one of the way that we can prevent it was clearly stated when Jesus said this kind can only be done by prayer and fasting.

Yes spirits do attack our children just  they do us. But by being involved in and occult a lot of those occults use children.

Also our spiritual battle thats in our minds starts when we are young by parents who abuse us or by another adult abusing us. We grow up believing we are not loved and are not worthy of love this is a spiritual attack.

And, we can normally tell when our childrens attitues change we kind of know about a spiritual attack then.But as parents we have to always be on top of looking for signs of change in our children.

Well and if in doubt prayer is always the answers amen. Yes Dina we have to anoint our children with oil and cover them in the blood of Jesus everyday.Keep them in our prayers and if we have friends/sisters in Christ have them pray for your family as well.

Also most of all is train your children up in the word.Make sure they understand that the story about the Lord is not a fiction story like the teacher may tell them about or you may read to them about,but that the word of God is truth.

YSIC Charlie

Prisma
by Co-Owner on Feb. 5, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I totally agree NannyB, Dina and Charlie!

Withcraft, Goths, and soothsayers are practiced in High schools and even elementary schools.

Gang members go into Botannicas (which are like every corner in some places where I Lived) and unknowingly purchase beads  that rituals were peformed over. NYC is streaming with witch craft!

The drugs that are smuggled to the US have spells  performed over them so the user will be spiritually addicted.

I know so many people that are into witchcraft it is horrid. Especially in the area I presently reside.

I have a spiritual daughter who used to delve in it and found out her uncle sold her family's soul to satan and her mom is a high priestess.

She is being used mightily in God's Kingdom b/c she lets people no about cults like Santa Ria (spelling may be wrong).

My grand daughter told me a girl in her class said she was a goth and I told her to plead the blood of Jesus and tell her she is a Child of God.

I think we need to let our children know about Jesus and the power of His blood and pleading the blood of Jesus.

Also, the tv shows are horrid; magic and witchcraft are cleverly being feed into our children's spirits. Anoint them every night; pray over them; teach them scriptures; and monitor their friends and tv time.

rockymtngrandma
by Member on Apr. 30, 2010 at 11:58 AM

All I can add is AMEN!  It's so bad that if I can I am going to make sure my grandsons don't go to public schools!  They were bad when mine went thru and we had so many problems, that if we can avoid even half of that it will be a blessing.

ysic

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)