Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Corinthians 6(Bible Study)

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 12:36 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 355 Total Views

2 Corinthians 6 (NIV)

1As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain.

2For he says,
   "In the time of my favor I heard you,
      and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

Paul's Hardships
 3We put no stumbling block in anyone's path, so that our ministry will not be discredited.
4Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; 5in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger;
 6in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love;
 7in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left;
 8through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors;
 9known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed;
 10sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.

11We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians, and opened wide our hearts to you.

12We are not withholding our affection from you, but you are withholding yours from us.

13As a fair exchange—I speak as to my children—open wide your hearts also.

Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers
 14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people." 
 17"Therefore come out from them
      and be separate, says the Lord.
   Touch no unclean thing,
      and I will receive you." 
 18"I will be a Father to you,
      and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.

Question:
1. Please read and in your own words tell us what you learned from this passage.
2.What warning did Paul give the Corinthians (Verses 1-10)
3.After Paul discribes his hardships and effects they had on him,he turned to his relationship with the Corinthians. What did Paul want them to do?( Verses 11-13)
4.What did Paul command the Corinthains? (verses 14-18)
5.What does it means to be uneually yoked?What are some ways believers become uneually yoked? (verses 14-18)
6.For those who fear separation will result in loneliness,God offers a promise in verse 18. What is it?
by on Oct. 8, 2010 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Prisma
by Co-Owner on Oct. 9, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Question:
1. Please read and in your own words tell us what you learned from this passage.

There is so much to be learned from this passage.
1- To receive God's grace, favor, and salvation now! Tomorrow is not promised to anyone and we would not want to lose our place in the Kingdom of Heaven.
2- Despite all the hardships that come we as the righteousness of God can always lean on God to empower us to prevail by keeping focused on Jesus and look at every situation through His eyes. This will keep us on track and not to stumble in whatever calling God has assigned.
 3- We are the light of the world, the salt of the earth. and children of the King. So we are to be separated from unbelievers by not partaking in sin. we are in this world but not of this world; amd should be an example to the lost souls.
4- Finally, no matter what happens in our life God The  Father will never leave us!

Paul is telling them that God is always readily available to accept them and give when seeking salvation and favor. Now is the time to receive His Grace and not to take these liberties in vain.  

3.After Paul discribes his hardships and effects they had on him,he turned to his relationship with the Corinthians. What did Paul want them to do?( Verses 11-13)
Paul wanted the Love of God and opened hearts to be reciprocated by the Corinthians. 

Not to be unevenly yoked with unbelievers.

5.What does it means to be uneually yoked?What are some ways believers become uneually yoked? (verses 14-18)
Being unevenly yoked means to agree and cohabitate with unbelievers.
Some ways of being unevenly yoked are marrying an unbeliever, participating in things and activities that are unacceptable to God.

6.For those who fear separation will result in loneliness,God offers a promise in verse 18. What is it?
God promises that He will receive us sons and daughters and Be Our Father!         Glory!!!
Charlie
by Group owner-admin on Oct. 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

I think one of the things I would like to share is that we must learn not to hear and takeGods word in vain nor His mecies. So many times we hear the Lords word(not everyone,just saying we as a example) and it goes in one ear and out the other.We know the Lord is talking right to us but because it's not what we want to hear we let it flow and let it go.We should live our lives as God wants us to and not as we want to.

Not to receive Gods grace in vain and not to be stumbling blocks.

To open their hearts.We all need to have open hearts to Gods messengers and receive the message the Lord wants us to know.

To not be yoked together with unbelievers,not that you separate yourself from unbelievers but to not join them in relationships that will cause you to do something not in character with believers.

Being unequally yoked would be a believer being with unbelievers in personal relationships such as  friendship, business or in marriage.
Same thing Prisma said above.
He will be a Father to us 
      and we will be His sons and daughters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN