Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(2)Character Study: Joseph Bible Search and Lesson

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 282 Total Views

We have already discussed the good and bad characteristics of Joseph!

Lets see what the Bible says about 2 of the traits we gleaned from the character study!

Dreams and/or Visions (positive)

Jealousy (Negative)

Click here www.biblegateway.com type in each word in the keyword search. 

1-Find 3 scriptures for each word.

2- Share  what the scripture says to you.

3- How can you avoid the negative characteristics?

4- How can you apply the positive characteristics to your spiritual walk?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Prisma
by Co-Owner on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I guess I will go first. :-)

1-Find 3 scriptures for each word.

Joel 2:28
And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Numbers 12:6
he said, "Listen to my words: "When a prophet of the LORD is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams.

Proverbs 27:4
Anger is cruel and fury overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy?

1 Corinthians 3:3
You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?

Galatians 5:19-21 

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

2- Share  what the scripture says to you.

Dreams are one way God communicates with His children. It was prophesied by Joel and then is spoken of again in Acts. Dreams are very important for us as children in God's kingdom. I believe if God has messages just for us he will use dream as one way to speak to us, especially in the final days.  

Jealousy should not be a character of God's children. It leads to sin, and the wages of sin is death. It also makes it hard for the world to see the Jesus in us if we act like them.

3- How can you avoid the negative characteristics?

Stay in God's Word and practice the opposite of jealousy. Rejoice for my fellow sisters and brothers  that God blesses.

4- How can you apply the positive characteristics to your spiritual walk?

Continue to meditate on God's word, and dream dreams (daydream) that align with God's Word. Ask the Holy Spirit for discernment after having dreams that seem to have a message and meaning.

godsangel228
by on Mar. 20, 2009 at 2:00 PM

he said, "Listen to my words: "When a prophet of the LORD is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams.
 i will finish later

Prisma
by Co-Owner on Mar. 20, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Quoting godsangel228:

i will finish later

Good Sis! That is surely how He deals with me. Dreams

Blessings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)