Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Corinthians 2

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:10 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

1 Corinthians 2

1And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

15But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Charlie
by Group owner-admin on Oct. 6, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Wow I tell you each time I read the word of God I'm stunned by what my spirit receives.

Here it tells us that the disciples wasn't gifted with the gift of gab is what I call it,some may say smooth talk lol.

What they said was through the Spirit not from the mind of wisdom of this world.

Now Paul is speaking about His painful visit when he came the first time to deal with those in the church who where undermining and attacking his authority as a Apostle of Jesus Christ thus confusing other believers.

What I like in studying this chapter and the footnotes of my bible was that it tells us that Paul didn't like reprimanding his fellow believers,but when we love someone and care for them we must let them know when they are heading in the wrong direction.

So this is what I'm going to take from this is we should care more about where our sisters and brothers lives are in Christ other then caring about who will like us if we speak the truth.

example- letting ones friends/family members drink and drive we know it will end in death so we would stop them.

Same thing with their souls should we continue to watch them head down a road that leads in death? Well this is clearly and example in this chapter that the answer is no.

I don't pretend to know what my sisters in this group are doing outside of this study,but my prayer is that you all are on a righteous path living for our Lord and savior and if not I pray that you will come back to the Lord and to this group to learn,love and grow.

Please share anything you may have gotten from this study with us as I know there is so much more to glean from this chapter before moving on.

Each of us will have revelation from the word of God when we read it just most of the time we see what is important in our lives and the lives of those we love.

You have something to share let your seeds fall on good ground so that you may bare fruit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)