Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peterson AFB

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:08 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 358 Total Views

Just wondering for those that shop at the commissary what you think.  Do they have a good selection/prices?  I was told they are kind of expensive except for their meats.  Plus they don't double/triple coupons like King Soopers does.  What do you think?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
armywife_moma2
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 1:03 AM

i don't go on Peterson AFB i went once to the commissary on Carson but i didn't like it seems really expensive so i just stick with King Soopers and Walmart lol!!!

lalasha
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:11 AM
I save money hands down you just have to be picky. Buying in season helps and having a second freezer so you can stock up I do not by my beef there I buy it whole sale from a local rancher no hormones, no anti biotics grass finished. I never shop at walmart unless it is 3 am and the only option I don't like givin my money to companies that abuse their workers, the tax code and would rather do business with china. But anyway for my frozen veggies and some fresh veggies and fruit I do save a bag of organic corn off base is like 3.50 and on base it is 50cents to a buck cheaper we aren't army so I never go to fort Carson I have no idea what there prices are like I don't even know where the commissary is there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
confuzzledgrl05
by Member on Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Thanks ladies, I'll just have to check it out a couple times.  The last time I shopped at a commissary was over a year ago and it was in Hawaii, so it def. made a difference!  I think Peterson is the closest grocery store to our house, followed by King Soopers and Walmart, and all 3 are about 15 miles away!!!

armywife_moma2
by on Jun. 8, 2011 at 1:27 PM

i would stick with the commissary than and just be picky about what you buy and how much you buy

MsLizW
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 6:45 PM

We live on Pete and honestly I tend to shop at Safeway or Target. I don't like how crowded the commissary always seems to be when I go and I truly don't feel like the prices are any better. Not to mention with Target I can double a store coupon with a man. coupon plus I get 5 cents off for every reusable bag I use.

confuzzledgrl05
by Member on Jul. 11, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Target always seem more expensive for me.  I still have my car registered in Tx and my safety inspection is expired, so I don't know if they'll actually let me on or not.  I have a reserves ID for being IRR but they still check all that stuff.  Plus, Peterson is already 15 miles away, I'm not sure how much further Target is.  I still have yet to check the closest one out.

MsLizW
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 12:12 PM

I always thought target was more expensive too until I began comparing the prices of walmart and safeway. Safeway actually tends to be the most expensive but they have good sales which seems to even things out. Target puts things on sale and clearance way more than Walmart and their store brand stuff seems to be better quality than walmart.

DDTSMommy
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Peyton Play dates-Mommies & Kids

join this group if you're in peyton!

Iiluzion
by on Sep. 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)