Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of painting their room camo.....any ideas??

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 271 Total Views

I have twin boys that love camo and that really bright orange color, and this may sound horrible but they want to paint their room camo and that really bight orange color.  They are thinking of painting the walls camo and the ceiling orange.  I am not all that excited about it, but they really want to, so I figure its just paint if we hate it we can paint over it.  But what I need are some ideas on how to paint the camo.  Anybody ever painted camo??  Any ideas would be a great help. Thanks!!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LadybugsMonkeys
by on Oct. 15, 2009 at 1:47 AM

I would just pick the basic colors of camo then lightly with a pencil make the funky pattens for camo. Then just start filling in the spots. Just do it on a large scale or it might take forever to fill in each section. It's their room and they are only kids once so if that is what they want do it. It is only paint it might take a few coats of primer to paint over it. But I think it would be fun. I would also try and add the bright orange around the room too no just on the ceiling. They have the "hunter" orange fabric that you could make pillows out of. Or get fabric dye and dye white sheets for their beds. It could be a lot of fun. My boys want red, blue and green stripes on their walls. Not my style but they are kids so when I get the time and extra money, I get to have fun painting.  

My brother (he's 27) has his whole basement (the only place his wife would let him) painted hunters orange.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Click on my siggy to be taken to a great active group, helping moms help their Sensational kids. Don't know what SPD is ask me.

FLMotherof2
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 7:44 AM

When I read this I immediatly thought the easiest way would be to use sponges or foam templates. If you are really artistic then I would say sketching it out would work. I'm not really sure how foam or sponge would turn out either though. You would have to cut them into various camo shapes. Just a thought. You should definatly try praticing on something first!

Brandie_Lee
by on Oct. 16, 2009 at 11:30 AM

Thanks for all the GREAT advise!!  I am so NOT artistic, I wish I was.  So the foam cut outs are a really good idea.  I was planning to try and draw the shapes on the wall first then paint them but I think it would be a lot easier to draw if I cut out some shapes from foam first.  As for the hunter orange, I was thinking of painting the ceiling and their closet that color maybe.  They don't have a door on their closet it is just a little hall thing in their room.  We have bunk beds and one of them has camo everything sheets, comforter & all and the other one has all hunter orange.  So hopefully it will all turn out okay.  I was also thinking of making a valance to go over their window and somehow incorporate the orange and camo.  I am not really sure on how I am going to do that either but I am sure I will think of something.  Thank you both for your advise.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)