Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gifts for class/teachers?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

They sent a note saying there will be no gift exchange this year cause of the economy.. BUT i still got his teacher one.. What about you? gifts for others or just teacher?

OH my gift to the teacher is a set of glasses i got from T.J Maxx, there from some where over seas.. What are you getting or did you get for the teacher??

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
devante9901
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Our teacher is out this week and until Mid-January, having knee surgery. So I skate this time without having to think about it. My daughter can make her teacher a get-well card! 

It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life. ~Train

DeVante's Children by SM Johnson available as an e-book at http://www.torquerebooks.com/

DeVante's Coven by SM Johnson available in paperback Oct 2009 http://www.amazon.com/  (pre-order now!) http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ or at a local bookstore near you!

janomoma
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 2:59 AM

hi..our party is this friday..we are having a used book exchange for the kids...and i got the teacher a really pretty soap and soap dish from the 99 cent store....gift

jlmomto2
by on Dec. 15, 2009 at 10:39 AM

We got the boys' teachers gift cards to barnes and noble and a little something else.  Matthew picked out candy cane hot cocoa for his teacher and Michael picked out chocolates for his. 

Brandie_Lee
by on Dec. 16, 2009 at 2:09 PM

We live in a pretty small community, where we all do a lot of baking, canning that sort of thing.  So in the fall my boys and I always make freezer jam.  We make a few extras for them to take to school to the teacher, teachers aid, receptionist, whoever they want to give it too.  The last few years that we have done it, the jam has been a big hit.  The kids love to do it because they helped make it and all the teachers really love the jam!

joshbellamom
by on Dec. 17, 2009 at 10:36 AM

I bought my son's teacher a a pretty candle set it comes with a fancy dish, those rocks, vanilla scented candles. It was only $8. Then he goes to before care because he is in 1/2 day kindergarten so I bought the staff a candle set as well it came with 3 pretty smelling holiday candles those were only $5 each I had to get 3. Who doesn't love candles, always a good gift to give.

steck0824
by on Dec. 17, 2009 at 6:28 PM

i got her teacher a little glass plaque that says a poem about teachers and the is a crystal apple that connects onto it.

Maddiesmommy123
by on Dec. 18, 2009 at 8:02 AM

We got my daughters teacher, lots of goodies for the class-what he wanted and a gift card to a local Steak House!

Today is their last day til January 4th!

Merry Christmas to you all!! 

Burton4
by on Dec. 18, 2009 at 9:12 AM

I found "Chinese food Christmas boxes" at Micheal's Craft store.I bought those and put some fortune cookies in them and a gift certificate to our local Chinese restauraunt. We closed them up and put a bow on them, and made Christmas cards to go with them. That was the gift for my kid's teachers this year.

In the past I have given them...

1. a nice comfy blanket with a Barnes and Nobel gift card

2. a mug with specialty hot Chocolate and a Chocolate spoon stir

3.a past a bowl with ABC noodles, special sauce or oil and herb sauce, pasta tongs and a favorite pasta recipe

4.  Holcomes Knowplace gift certificate,

5.  a stamp I had made with the teacher's name on it and a little smile or apple decal on it

6. I have sent in money to pay for lunch for the teacher when the kids go on a field trip and stop for lunch somewhere. My daughter's 1st grade teacher said in her 30 years teaching, she had never had a parent do that! She loved it since it was her final year teaching before retiring!

Lauren326
by on Dec. 24, 2009 at 11:19 AM

I gave the teacher a $25 gift card to a restaurant.  I also gave the bus driver a $15 gift card to the restaurant.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)