Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats going on with them??

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 428 Total Views

What are there likes and dislikes? How are they adjusting to school? Any trouble makers? How are they doing at reading? Lots of homework? 

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mimomof3boys
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Hello!

My 2003 is into Star Wars, army guys. He just started martial arts this week. He also enjoys swim, baseball and bowling. He loves kindergarten. Last year he did early fives so he was reading and doing double digit math before entering Kinder. But he loves socializing.......and he stares into space alot at school but the teacher thinks it is cause he is bored a bit so she is working on challenging him more!

Homework wise he has about 20 minutes of "sheets" to do and 15 minutes of reading. He only goes 1/2 day so we get this done right after lunch!

His dislikes are green beans! HAHA! he hates them with a passion...I love them and he hates them.

Otherwise he is happy go lucky type of kid!

Maddiesmommy123
by on Jan. 19, 2010 at 7:22 AM

My daughter is in the first grade, usually has 10 spelling words and a bonus word every week, 1-2 Math sheets a week and 30 minutes of reading each night.
She definately likes school better this year and she loves her teacher! There is one girl in particular who drives her mad, bugging her and others at her table and just makes it hard for my daughter to keep her concentration. It is frustrating to her and to me. The teacher finally did flip flop them in thier seats so he can see the girl who is disrupting others at their table.

My baby will be 7 in about 2 weeks, where did the time go?!?!?

Have a great day ladies..........

Maddiesmommy123
devante9901
by on Jan. 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Isabelle is 6 and a half and loves first grade. She's developed a maturity over the past few months that she never had before, and she's become VERY independent. She's reading EVERYTHING from billboards to bar signs. It is amazing. She'll even grab my phone and read my text messages - yeah, we're having talks about privacy, LOL.

She loves Facebook applications like fishville and Pet Zone and Super Aquarium, and after having it for a year, she's finally reading well enough to enjoy her DS.

She also loves writing and making "books" - in which she writes a story, does illustrations, and staples the pages together, with a title page on the front listing herself as both author and illustrator. I of course eat this right up.

She still hates bedtime. She's still a very picky eater. And she still hates not being the boss. She can be very rude and demanding and needs reminders to use her nice voice and nice words. She even has temper tantrums now and again, and I've had to password protect the computers in order to ground her from the computer - otherwise she'll completely ignore me and log on anyway. Little turkey.

She has math homework every day, and she gets spelling words every Monday, but she learns them before she even gets home from school, so I quiz her once or twice before Friday and she almost always gets 100%. I make her read at least one book to me at bedtime. She's starting to read so well now that she's reading in silly voices with fake accents, which makes me split a gut laughing.

No behavior problems this year!!!! Yay! Because there were a few last year, and I was a little worried... our school is kind of quick to ask parents to medicate for ADHD, and I was having none of it. So far so good.

~De

It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life. ~Train

The Anti-Twilight!

DeVante's Children by SM Johnson available as an e-book at http://www.torquerebooks.com/

DeVante's Coven by SM Johnson available in paperback Oct 2009 http://www.amazon.com/  (pre-order now!) http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ or at a local bookstore near you!

aknsmomma
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 5:56 AM

Quoting ArlieBeeMee:

What are there likes and dislikes? How are they adjusting to school? Any trouble makers? How are they doing at reading? Lots of homework? 

Angelica is into normal little girl things like Barbies and baby dolls. She loves mothering her little sister and can't wait for her new sister to be born. She loves school. She's homeshooled and is almost done with first grade ready to start second in late Feb early March. Angel is ready great. She just graduated to level 2 readers and can be found in bed reading stories to her sister.  All her work is done at home, so no homework here.

Rebecca Momma to
Angelica (6) Keturah (2) and Baby Ruthie due Feb 25, 2010

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
kajnlady28
by on Feb. 10, 2010 at 1:18 PM

my son is 6yrs old he was a fall baby who miss the school cut off so he is in kinder this year. he loves school and is some what bored with it. he has homework 2 days a week and it takes him 5 min. He loves legos,drawing, transformers, hotwheels riding his bike and skateboarding.he dislikes food lol he is really picky lately  he does have a temper when things don't go his way . anyone else has the same problem? He loves reading signs and magic tree house books with help of course. and the littles girls are tring to kiss him already.

kjbennett26
by on Mar. 4, 2010 at 6:33 AM

Hi.  My little guy is in 1st grade and is having quite the behavior issue this year.  He is very into the Army stuff and loves cars.  Hw is taking swim lessons this summer and will be playing soccer next month.  He is doing very well with his school work.  We're looking forward to what 2nd grade brings!

ArlieBeeMee
by on Mar. 5, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Quoting kjbennett26:

Hi.  My little guy is in 1st grade and is having quite the behavior issue this year.  He is very into the Army stuff and loves cars.  Hw is taking swim lessons this summer and will be playing soccer next month.  He is doing very well with his school work.  We're looking forward to what 2nd grade brings!

we were to, but we moved schools and he seems to be doing better, im not sure what was going on over at that other school for him to be acting up so much!!!

joshbellamom
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 10:44 AM

My son was not doing very well when he first started that was because of his behavior. He is class clown and very popular in his class so the children would follow his lead. I had a meeting with his teacher and I apologized to her and told her I would work on his behavior issues. I used a reward chart and that started working. Then he got the Wii for Christmas and I used that instead of a reward chart. So if I got a thumbs up he could play for an hour when we got home if he got a thumbs down he didn't get to play or watch tv, so he started doing better. She thanked me for all my hard work and I explain to him if he was a leader in his class lead the kids to be good like him instead of bad, the kids are actually being good. I'm not saying it's my son, but how ironic that the teacher said she has seen a huge difference in both my son's behavior and the "trouble makers aka my son's click lol" behavior in the recent months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)