Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PEOPLE CAN BE SO RUUUUUUUUUDE!

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 431 Total Views
So I must vent....sorry....but I must.,...LOL

So today...I am in  the post office with my lil girl. Only one person in line behind me and one person yakking on her cell phone over at the stamp  machine....

The gal at the post office called me up as there was a problem with one of the packages I had sent a few days earlier and she was trying to explain...So I am trying to listen but also making sure I have an eye on my daughter as you all know...they don't just stand there and stand still for more than 2 seconds. So my lil girl goes over to the stamp machine...(keep in mind there is a chatty Cathy on her cell phone yakkity yakkity yak) and my lil girl pushes the buttons on th estamp machine...(oooops..lol). The lady hollers at me...and I mean hollers "WILL YOU HOLD YOUR CHILD AS I AM TRYING TO BUY STAMPS AND SHE IS PUSHING THE BUTTONS AND MESSING IT ALL UP) ROOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAR!!! lol
So my mouth hits the floor with the rudeness of this lady...who mind you is still on her cell phone yakkity yakkity yak yak yak yak....
So I of course have my daughter come stand with me and I kneel down and tell her You do not push buttons when someone is using the machine...that is not nice and you need to tell this lady you are sorry. So the lady gets off her cell phone and I tell my lil girl to say sorry and the lady cuts her off and with her big loud voice says: NO...IT'S OK...IT JUST MESSED ME UP WHEN SHE PUSHED THE BUTTONS"  I felt like saying you know what lady....no my child should not have been pushing the buttons, but could you please just shut your pie hole for 2 seconds and let my child apologize!!! I also was ready to tell her what to do with her stupid cell phone!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. People are so mean. 
Ok...that is all I had to say...lol...thanks!! I am over it now...but I was mad. No need for this lady to be so loud and rude. Big Meanie!!! lol

by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
parkerkamismom
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:43 PM
After she so rudely cut of your daughter when she was trying to apologize, I guess I loudly would have said, on second thought honey, don't apologize.  It isn't worth our time today and turned around and left it at that.  I could think of a thousand other things I would have liked to have said, but you're child was with you.

Yeah, people are asses sometimes.
confused-mom
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:48 PM
i know this may sound immuture but i would have went off on her ass for one she was taking not buying at the time for 2 yelling and for 3 cutting my child while saying sorry to her rude ass.
cozycabinmom
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 3:59 PM
thanks...I feel better now...lol.

My daughter should not have been over there pushing buttons and for that we had a talk about it and I wanted her to apologize...but jeesh....this lady was mean. And besides....my lil girl didn't even mess the machine up...so neener neener...LOL. It was prolly already messed up cuz she was too busy yakking on her flipping phone.
HappyMomtoTwo
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 5:40 PM
Seems to me that your daughter is more mature than the woman. At least she was admitting to doing something she shouldn't have done. The woman should of stepped aside or away from the machine while on the phone. I don't care if she was the only person there for the machine. I guarantee that if I had been waiting for that machine and she was there talking I would of be pissed. I so would of tottally went off on that woman, but it just proves that you and your daughter are better than the chatty Kathy. Hugs, Stephanie
JJTaylor
by on Jun. 17, 2007 at 11:35 PM
OKAY... I am so annoyed right along with you!!!  I cannot stand it when people get "all up in arms" then when you actually attempt to be a good human being... they try to act like... "Oh wait, nothing really was a problem"... except... then they go into the issue you were just apologizing for!!  My husband & I have a strict policy with our daughter, she will apologize and will also understand why it is we are apologizing for... At the poing when this lady thought she would be clever and restated why you were attempting to apologize... I would and unfortuantely, usually do walk slowly away from he rude individual and either say something like, (because my daughter is at this point, saying "mommy I say sorry") "Sierra, thank you sweetheart for apologizing to this lady/man" and explain that just because they forgot how to accept apologies doesn't mean you shouldn't keep giving them.  I usually try to say this loud enough to be heard but not so rudely that she/he can say much more back to us.  It's strange how people DO forget the art of manners and how it was to be a kid!  
szmuch
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 4:14 PM
Ok, so I'm new but I totally feel you on this one.
I had a situation yesterday that I am still not over it. I had to go buy diapers for my twin boy since my girl is already potty trained. Anyway, I picked them up from daycare and took them with me. While we were there, I always tell them they can help me with the groceries so each one takes their turn getting stuff. We were t the ice cream section when my kids got really excited and he let out this scream that kind of penetrates your brain. I said to him that he should not yell like that. The thing is that there was an older lady next to us who looked at me then looked down at them and gave me a dirty look. I was shocked. I said to her what was that face all about, that they were kids and that's what kids do. She said that her kids never did that, I said well, you never had twins. She said, that she did have twins, and I said well, good for you and as I walked away I said that was so rude.
I know that maybe I shouldn't go with them to the supermarket but dude, what is up with people!!!!!!!!
cozycabinmom
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 4:56 PM
OH I AM SURE HER KIDS NEVER MADE A SCENE OR...ACTED LIKE KIDS??? OHHHHH PEOPLE MAKE ME SO MAD....LOL. I WOULD HAVE SAID...OK KIDS...LET'S ALL SCREAM AS LOUD AS WE CAN FOR THE NICE LADY.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Owensmom03
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 5:13 PM

Quoting confused-mom:

i know this may sound immuture but i would have went off on her ass for one she was taking not buying at the time for 2 yelling and for 3 cutting my child while saying sorry to her rude ass.

I'm right there with ya! We would have been fightin up in the post office!!!

I can't stand the people that don't know the proper place and time for cell conversations to begin with---then your're gonna yell at my baby--I DON'T THINK SO.  ( hey-I never said I was the perfect role model mommy..lol)
Banandrea
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 5:44 PM
It is sad how people get caught up in their own world!  Obviously that gal had NO children! Or they were ALL grown and she forgot!! 
Today I was in Starbucks with my girlfriend and went to purchase a 2nd apple juice box for my 3 year old and some old lady asked if my daughter had a special event today as she was dress SO cute... my friend paused and said "No, this child dresses like this EVERY day" The old lady then looked at my friend's kids and pointed out her daughter (who is 11 and obviously dresses her self like an 11 year old) and said "Maybe you should pay more attention to her, you do have more than one child"  My friend's mouth dropped... but caught the lady and said "She is NOT mine, she is my friends!"  I feel for you and the ignorance of people in general!  My oldest is 15, so you grow tougher skin and just laugh at how truely STUPID adults really act, even in front of children!!  You just do the best for your kids and hope they learn from you and not the crazy world we live in! :)
laniramommy
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 8:54 AM

Quoting szmuch:

I know that maybe I shouldn't go with them to the supermarket but dude, what is up with people!!!!!!!!

WHY NOT???
Are you serious?
I never go to the supermarket without kids lol.
They have never caused a problem either, BECAUSE they are used to it, they know how to behave.
If you dont take your kid with you, they wont know how to behave if one time you have to take them along you know?
DOnt even think "you should not have taken them" because you SHOULD have! They have just as much right to being there as anyone else.
If they are not taking stuff (and I dont mean because you ask them to put it in the trolley or whatever its called lol, but just out of themselves making a mess you know?) and making a mess and breaking things; I dont see any problem!
Kids make noise. thats kids!
The lady need to get her memory checked!!!!
My grandma also made a comment like that once when my girls were playing and she thought they were too loud, she said her kids never were like that, I just told her "oh no? I sure remember my mom telling me how scared she was off her younger brother who used to hit her and the others, and ran after them trough the house??? " She looked annoyed and said she did not remember that happening... LOL. But I made the statement I wanted to make so I left it at that lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)