Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help to come up with a fundraiser for my preschool

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 192 Total Views
Anyone have any suggestions about fundraiser ideas for a 2-K4 christian preschool? I hate asking parents for money to do things. I would rather have a fundraiser and everything be paid for. All suggestions are welcome!
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
chris0006
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:21 PM
We get a lot of school kids going door to door selling things to make money.  I personally don't like this because most of the time I don't know the kids or the parents do all the talking.  I would suggest a bake sale.  Maybe have the kids decorate all the goodies.  It would be something a little different and maybe more personalized than selling magazines, candy bars or pizzas!
jax815
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 9:24 PM
at my daycare center we do yankee candle.,,lots of people like and burn candles..they can sell as many or as little as they want.  we found that with all of the other fundraisers around the center got the most money back, percentage wise. 
blindhrtd
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:42 PM
We have a lot of luck with raffles.  Have local businesses donate raffle itemsand sell tickets for $1.  Everyone has a dollar to buy a ticket!
MamaMandee
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Quoting blindhrtd:

We have a lot of luck with raffles.  Have local businesses donate raffle itemsand sell tickets for $1.  Everyone has a dollar to buy a ticket!

That is what I was going to say ... also you might ask some of the parents who own business to donate their services. Or maybe have some of the parents offer to host events others could win, such as a wine party at their home, 4 hours of child care, house painting, scrap book party or things like that. Good luck!
masastan
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 3:14 PM
How about a 'garage sale?'  Most fund raisers give you what you need to get orders and to get started then you cut them a check after you have collected the money.  I've put together cookie dough and candy fundraisers and they did well for three and four year olds.  Personally I never say no to a chocolate bar.  Check out www.stepbystepfundraising.com  I LOVE the World's Finest Chocolate products.  Good Luck!
SopranoMama
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 9:26 PM
Hi, newbie here! This is my first post, so bear with me :)

One thing we did at the preschool my older children used to attend is do a cookbook and then sell it.  We asked for anyone from the church/school community to submit recipes and we compiled them into a cookbook. There are publishers that will help you do this, and we ended up selling the books for $10 a piece. I think we ended up getting about $6 per book as profit, and they were big sellers. Something about people wanting to see their name in print made them fly out the door!

Anyway, it is just a suggestion. If you have a small school, you could probably do this yourselves on the computer- heaven knows things are so much easier to do on the computer these days, in sharp contrast to when my older two were in preschool 14 years ago.  The preschool we did this at was quite large, so we had a  professional printer do it.
muleshell
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 9:08 PM

How about a "silent auction"  - I dont know how much money you need to raise, but get donations and have the kids make projects by grade or class  - one class project idea is to get a terracota vase, paint it white, stencil flowers and leaves on it.. and then have each child put their thumbprint someone on the pot... you can paint their names under each one.. then you make ladybugs out of the thumbprints.. i have seen this project go fo alot of money!

have fun

TupperMommy1
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 10:22 AM
Hi!  I just read this post and my suggestion is a Tupperware Fundraiser.  I have sold TW for a long time and these FR go very well.  Everyone loves TW and your group makes 40% profit right off the top. If you have any Q: about it I would be happy to answer them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)