Look at what his test consisted of ...
A Diagnostic-Prescriptive Test for Kindergarten Screening
The KDI-2 is a comprehensive and time efficient screening instrument designed to assess developmental readiness skills in children ages 4-6.
The KDI-2 assesses developmental readiness across 13 areas:
- Body Awareness – assesses visual-motor skills and knowledge of body parts.
- Concept Mastery – assesses knowledge of basic kindergarten concepts.
- Form/Letter Identification - assesses knowledge of shape names and letter identification skills.
- General Information – assesses ability to recall basic information from memory.
- Gross Motor – assesses large muscle coordination.
- Memory for Sentences – assesses short-term auditory memory.
- Number Skills – assesses knowledge of basic math skills.
- Phonemic Awareness – assesses emerging phonemic awareness skills.
- Verbal Associations – assesses language-based reasoning skills.
- Visual Discrimination – assesses visual discrimination skills.
- Visual Memory – assesses visual memory skills.
- Visual-Motor Integration – assesses eye-hand coordination, drawing ability, and visual-spatial skills.
- Vocabulary – assesses knowledge of word meanings.
The KDI-2 Assessment Program Components
The KDI-2 Assessment Program™ is composed of:
- Complete KDI-2 Test Kit™ (Product #2000-1000)
- Concept Mastery/Number Skills Stimulus Booklet with easel.
- Visual Discrimination/Visual Memory Stimulus Booklet with easel.
- Form Letter Identification / Visual-Motor Integration Stimulus Booklet.
- 25 Student Response Booklets
- Administration Manual with standardization sample norms.
- Thirteen 1” wooden blocks for Number Skills.
- KDI-2 Student Response Booklets™ (Product #2000-2000)
- An individual Student Response Booklet is used for each child.
- The KDI-2 Student Response Booklets are sold in packages of 25.
- My Kindergarten Fun Books (2nd Edition)™ (Product #2000-3000)
- This is the prescriptive portion of the test.
- The “Fun Book: contains over 90 learning activities related to the KDI-2 areas.
- The purpose of the “Fun Book” is to give parents and teachers a low cost set of prescriptive activities related to developmental readiness.
- The profile of the child’s strengths and weaknesses are copied onto the back of My Kindergarten Fun Book- 2.
- My Kindergarten Fun Books-2 are sold in packages of 25.
- KDI-2 Scoring and Interpretation Program for Windows™ (Product #2000-5050)
- a database software program that stores records, prints reports, and uses standardization sample or user-generated norms.
- Requires Windows™ 95 or higher operating system.