Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you celebrate your baby's birthday?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:36 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 235 Total Views
My youngest son's birthday is January 8, so we celebrate his "half-birthday" on July 8 because I feel so overwhelmed with the date Monday, December 25, Monday January 1st, Monday, January 8th...I just don't seem to get a break. And then I don't think it's fair to him because everyone's broke from the holidays and who wants to add another party to their already over flowing list. So July 8 allows him to have parties and get the latest presents not just left overs from Christmas. We also have a small birthday ceremony for his actual birthday with two gifts (one from me and one from his brother, Dad too if he decides to join) and it's just us. How do you celebrate your kids' birthdays especially ones that fall at not so convienent times?
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
xandgmom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:40 AM
I think what you do is an awesome idea.  I have friend with December birthdays who say when they were young that their day was always overshadowed by the holidays.  You are making your son's actual day special, which is important, but then giving everyone a break by choosing a different time to celebrate.  Good for you.

We are lucky in that no one in our family has a birthday near a holiday, and all of our birthdays are spread out pretty well.  We have your usual parties.  Now that Xander is older, we do get his input on where he wants to have his, and what kind of cake he wants.  This year for Graham's first we are having a luau, and I can't wait!

lizandethansmom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:55 AM
I think I need to start doing that too! : ) My daugher's birthday is November 25 and my SD birthday is December 17. Then there is Christmas right after that. One thing I do to help ease the financial strain of having kiddos so close to that holiday is I save my change all year long. I intentionally pay with bills all the time and collect the change. Then at the end of the day I put it in an old milk jug. One milk jug of change (which usually only takes a few months to fill up if your consistant about putting it in there) is usually close to four hundred dollars or more.

~Malinda

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Butterfly262007
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:05 PM

My son's birthday is in March and we just have a small pizza party at the local pizza parlor. I just invite immediate family and close friends. It's my youngest son's birthday I have a problem with because it's in November.

laceybraydens
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:11 PM
my daughter's b-day is mother's day so i wait until memorial day and have a huge picnic/b-day party for her and we do it outside she has a blast and the party goes on forever my son's we have to push back because we are moving  but will probably do the same for him as well
Mya922
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:44 PM
We've had bday parties..mostly family.

We always do icecream cakes!!
DixieRoadrash
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:04 PM
My hubby and I have been kicking around the idea to celebrate our daughters b-day in a differant month. December is killer for us. My birthday is  the 21st, my daughters's is the 23rd, then there's Christmas. Right now she is still pretty young so she is just excited to celebrate things for a week staight. It's pretty fun. However I know Christmas babies get  the crumby deal though. I tell family members, to please get her 2 seperate gifts and not one gift that says "merry Christmas and Happy Birthday"
momma2JD
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:17 PM
I love your idea and may have to put it into action once this baby gets here. I am due the 6th of January, and I feel the same as you with putting people out when they already have a lot with Christmas.
My son's birthday is right before Halloween so we usually put some Halloween games into his party. I think this year we are actually going to doa costume party and things like that for his b-day.

~ Alina, mom to JD (3.5 yrs old) and one on the way (Jan. 6th)
RebeccaGrace
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM
My daughter's birthday is also, on January 8th. That is a neat idea! I have a friend that has a party on both of her children's birthdays and half birthdays. I do howeever, celebarate Grace's birthdya on the 8th. I start planning early because of the holidays and because I have no help with the money issues. But we have yet to have any problems and she loves it, always a full house.

Rebecca FennerUsborne Books Independant Consultant WWW.UBAH.com/P2689 izzybusybug@yahoo.com        

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)