Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here & want to know if there's anyone here whp has any children with a speech disorder.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 140 Total Views
Hi everyone,
   I'm Brandy and I have a beautiful 4 yr old daughter. She is my only child now. My younger one Passed because of an unfortunate accident a few months ago. I work part time and am married.
    My daughter has a speech disorder and I was wondering if anyone on here has a child who also has one and maybe has some advice on how to help her with her speech. She's in Pre-K, so she's been seeing a speech therapist in school. She also doesn't live with us right now, so tht makes talking to her harder, because I don't know what she's tring to say. So if anyone knows of things to help her I'd like to hear them. Thanks.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JadisMoon
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:49 PM

My five-year-old daughter is autistic which, of course, comes with language delays. I know your post said that your daughter isn't living with you right now, but if you have contact with her teachers and speech therapists, my best advice would be to ask them for suggestions. Everyone who has worked with my daughter has been great and willing to give suggestions to implement what's working at school into the house.

latinpagirl
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:40 PM
So sorry toh ear about the loss of your other child, must be difficult not having your other one around too.  My son had speech therapy for about a year, and his therapist had great suggestions, for things that we could do at home with him.  I would think that you could just ask the therapists or even his pediatrician for some ideas.  It does make it somewhat difficult since your child is not at home with you.  I wish you the best of luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)