Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preschool?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:52 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 291 Total Views
My daughter lauren will turn 4 september 25th and I signed her up for preschool.. Do you think she is still too young?  I was afraid if I waited till next year, she would be 5 at the end of sept so I didnt know if they would want her to still go to preschool or to kindergarten.. Anyways, she is really excited about it and even wants to ride the bus, lol.. Is any of your children starting preschool at almost 4?

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Edith_Parsons
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:56 AM
My daughter started Head Start when she was 3 years old.... She loved it!

My niece is in pre-school and she is 3 years old. Where I live, in order to start Kindergarten, the child has to be 5 years old (along with some other learning things that they want your child to know upon entering Kindergarten).... So, no, I do not think she is to young.

Click here to visit me on MySpace

sassybel
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:56 AM
I think it's great that you put her in preschool now. It will really prepare her for the big K next year or whenever your state starts it.  Iwould love to find a good preschool for my son right now but most of them are just "daycares" and you never know if they are actually learning or not.  It's so hard to find just the right place (or they cost and arm and leg!).  I think she will really love it and you'll be amazed at the things she will learn there. 
carmadsmom
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:08 AM
My daughter is 3 and will be 4 on Oct. 2.  Our cut off for kindergarten is August 1st so she will spend 2 years in preschool.  I don't see this as a bad thing as it may do her a lot of good in the way that she will be learning stuff that she needs ahead of other children who will be in with her.  I think that if you call the school board in your town they should be able to tell you what their kindergarten cutoff date is and you will be able to find out if the make exceptions or if they are very strict on it.  Good luck and I hope that she enjoys preschool.
momof3at23
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:45 PM
My daughter is 4 and she is starting the 4 year old program at the elementary school.  She is so excited but I'm terrified.  It will be good for her to be around other kids her age instead of at home with me and her little sisters all day long.  She starts in 2 weeks and I'm so nervous!
billynalexmom
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:54 PM
Your daughter and my son have the same birthday and he will be in 4 year okld kindergarden.  i started him last january.  He loves it.  In our state he will start kindergarden next year.  i would check with your school district because alot of states the cut off is before September 1st so she may not go next year.
Reality_Nutt
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:03 PM
I really think its a good age to start , Kristen has been going since she was 2 1/2 .  She loves it .  She has learned alot . I like that she has kids her age to play with.
brandonlauren
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:56 PM
Thanks for your input everyone, you have made me feel better in sending her.. I know she will definately learn alot and have so much fun.. I think our cut off date here in Ky is Oct 1st.. Im hoping she takes to it really well and not cry everyday like I probably will, lol
momwith4
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:56 PM
My Madison will be 5 in February and will start pre-school in the Fall.  She is very excited to go to school.

ccefirestone
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:28 PM
My son doesnt turn 4 until Nov. 3rd and he will be starting preschool Sept. 5th. So I dont think she is to young to start preschool. My son is also very excited about going, we took him to play on the playground at the school on Sunday and he loved it. He now wants to go inside the school and play in there! LOL

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Twinsandmore
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 4:59 PM
Hi.  My twins were born on Aug. 27 and the cut-off for 3-year-old preschool last year was Sept. 1st, so I sent them on Tue/Thurs afternoons.  They were the youngest ones there and didn't turn 3 until being in school a couple of weeks.   Their teacher said that they were as mature and knew as much or more than the older kids. They will go to the 4-year-old class this year, which will go on MWF.  I guess it just depends on the child.  If the twins aren't ready for Kindergarten next year, then that's fine with me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)