Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Ideas?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

So my son's 4th birthday is coming up soon.  It's the second week of August.  I believe I'm going to do a spiderman or Cars theme because he likes them both very much. 

What I do need help with is ideas of "what to do".  A friend of his just turned 5 and her parents went out and bought that $200 waterslide for her birthday.... so he wants one of those at his party.  I figured I'd ask them to bring it along, there's no way I'm buying one.  I also thought about a pinata for the kids to hit around.  It's hard to come up with ideas because the youngest that's going to be just turned 2 in June and the oldest is going to be about 13.  And there's only going to be a handful of kids.  It's mostly family and all the adults are happy as long as the kids are happy and content with things to do. 

I'm kinda budgeted on money this year.... I have twins due November 5th and my significant is the only one working since the docs said I was on the verge of bedrest some months ago.

Any ideas???  Any suggestions??  Please help, I'm at a loss.  We have a huge backyard and are going to have it at home.

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
PoehlerBear1983
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 3:00 PM
You could do like a carnival type thing like bobbing for apples or tying donuts to strings and hanging them and have the kids try to eat them with out useing thier hands.  cut up some cardboard and do like a bean bag toss or something along those lines. Or you could do like a scavenger hunt team up little ones with older ones.  We always do fireworks at my son's b-day partys.

brandonlauren
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:58 PM
I love the carnival idea, that would go for all ages.. You could also have a scavenger hunt, kids love that too.. What you already have planned sounds like a great idea!  Since you are gonna have the water slide, maybe you could have a little wading pool or sprinkler for the smaller ones.. Anyways, im sure all will be fine, just have fun and congrats on your upcoming twins!
masastan
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:05 PM
Water balloon toss game!  You can play music and have a dance off too.  Even the little ones can enjoy it!  Definitely a pinata, but if you get a soccer ball shaped one (I know it doesn't match your themes), they can play soccer with it instead of just hitting it or pulling the strings that are on so many these days.  There's also the limbo, egg races, sack races (use pillow cases), you can make cookies and have them decorate them as a take home edible craft/party favor.  Those are just a few things that can be done.  Good luck and have fun!
josephandmaycee
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 11:21 AM
if you are pregnant with twins i don't think people would expect you to go all out. just cake ice cream, get a sprinkler the kids can play in most b-day parties are 2 hours, make treat bags for the kids. a pinata will be fun, but make someone eles in charge of it. we did a pinata for joseph at his 2nd b-day, the kids loved it.
MommyTo2Boyz
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:10 PM
We never do anything special for the kids.  We also have a huge yard, so the kids all run around and play while the adults sit and BS.  They play tag, kick around a ball and things like that.

lovinmom10803
by on Aug. 12, 2007 at 12:59 AM
Thanks everyone!  They all sound like great ideas.  I think a friend of mine is going to bring over a little wading pool and the sprinkler idea sounds like a good one too!  I appreciate everyone's input, I think I've got a good idea of how it's going to go now!!!!

Thank you!

dboath81
by on Aug. 12, 2007 at 1:53 PM
We had a similar set back last year. We did a shared birthday. What we did actually turned out to be a lot of fun for the adults and the kids. We did a carnival theme. We had characters from both kids and then had a bunch of cool little (cheap) games for the kids to play. Bean bag toss, pin the tail, musical chairs, hott potato, stuff like that. We were suppose to have a bounce house too, but the weather was iffy. So I hope this helps. It was fun though. Oh yeah, and the piniata, right before all the kids left of course. Candy as they go OUT the door ;) lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)