Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

we learned to swim!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:28 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 138 Total Views
we are so excited for joseph, he has finally taken his arm floaties off and started swimming. we tought him ourselves, we didn't do swimming lessons. he does so good. he will dive for diving rings and eveything. so i will admit i'm very nervous. i don't take my eyes off of him. ever since he was like 14 or 15 months old we always told him never swim by yourself. now he won't get in unless someone gets in with him.
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DAWNMC
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Good for him! yeaaa!!!
My daughter will be 4 in September and we swim in our neighbors pool when we want....and yesterday she attempted to swim without her arm floaties and used a kick board....well, she lost it one time and grabbed it and then it happened again and she was kicking on her own to stay afloat then she freaked out after I grabbed her (crying)...we tried to tell her "yeah, you swam all by yourself" but she was sooo scared!  She wanted out of the pool, to dry off!

lizandethansmom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:37 AM
We just finished up swim lessons last week. My daughter keeps waking up and telling me, I want to go to swim lessons, and then gets mad when I tell her that they are over. lol Anyways, she could not swim AT ALL when we started the lessons (I was too scared to let her go, and take off her arm floaties). By the time we finshed, she will now go underwater without plugging her nose, dive to the bottom for the rings, and kick off the bottom and jump in and swim back to the wall. She will also let you put her on your back and swim underwater with you until you come up.

~Malinda

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)