Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What children say

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:06 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 218 Total Views
Have you ever been embarrassed as to what your child said in public?  Id love to hear some stories, Hehe.. I have a few of my own unfortunately..
When my son was 2, we went into this aisle at a grocery store and this woman that was just leaving the aisle stunk BAD, anyways, when we were close behind her, brandon all of a sudden said out loud mind you, "EWWWW, HER STINKS!"... That woman stopped her buggy but didnt turn around, lol, I was so embarrassed but boy was he speaking the truth!
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SuperWaned
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:16 AM
embarrasing no but funny yes (well they are funnir on spanish but i try to translate them Anyway)

We were at my dh grandparents and the granpa was looking for some crackers. then Daniel said pretty loud GIMMe somE CRACKERS! . He forgot to say please so I asked "Daniel What do we say??"
and he answered very very excitedly   "WITH BUTTER!!!"

well thay are like a hundeds stories but this is the onlyone i can remenber right now
laura541
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:37 AM

We were outside getting into the car, and a heavy set woman was walking with a child down the street.  As I was getting Makayla into the car, then she was 4 years old, she said "Ewww, she's so fat right mommy?)  (and the lady DID hear! She just started walking faster) Now, Im not the thinest person in the world mind you.  I was so angry at her.  I just said "Makayla, we will talk about this at home" Which was around the corner.  So we get home and I asked her "How do you think that lady felt when you said she was """ewwww and fat?"  Makayla looked down and said "Sad" that right there tells me that she understands how saying things can hurt someones feelings.  I did make her stand on the time out wall after I made it very clear we are not to hurt people using words or hands!!  Just cause the kid is speaking the truth does not make it right or cute, i think its down right rude and disgusting.

cozycabinmom
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:45 AM
OHHHHHHHHHH I HAVE HAD A FEW EMBARASSING MOMENTS WITH MY ALMOST 4 YEAR OLD LIL GIRL.

THE FIRST TIME WAS WHEN WE WERE IN THE GROCERY STORE. SHE IS SUPER SOCIAL AND LOVES TO HUG AND SAY HI TO EVERYONE....ANYWAYS, A LADY WAS WALKING TOWARDS US DOWN THE AISLE...AND MY LIL GIRL REACHES HER HANDS OUT TO THE LADY AND SAYS HUG AND KISS?? THE LADY WAS SO THRILLED AND SAID SURE...SO THEY REACH OUT TO EACH OTHER AND MY LIL GIRL SAYS" BOOBIES!!! AND GRABS THE LADY'S CHEST.

THEN ANOTHER TIME IN WALMART, A MAN WITH A PATCH WALKS BY AND MY LIL GIRL SAYS, "LOOK MOMMY A PIRATE..A PIRATE A PIRATE A PIRATE...A PIRATE SAYS  ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

THE OTHER TIME WE WERE INT HE POST OFFICE AND MY LIL GIRL WALKS UP TO A LADY AND RUBS HER TUMMY AND SAYS" YOU GOT A BIG TUMMY"

laura541
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:00 PM

Quoting cozycabinmom:

OHHHHHHHHHH I HAVE HAD A FEW EMBARASSING MOMENTS WITH MY ALMOST 4 YEAR OLD LIL GIRL.

THE FIRST TIME WAS WHEN WE WERE IN THE GROCERY STORE. SHE IS SUPER SOCIAL AND LOVES TO HUG AND SAY HI TO EVERYONE....ANYWAYS, A LADY WAS WALKING TOWARDS US DOWN THE AISLE...AND MY LIL GIRL REACHES HER HANDS OUT TO THE LADY AND SAYS HUG AND KISS?? THE LADY WAS SO THRILLED AND SAID SURE...SO THEY REACH OUT TO EACH OTHER AND MY LIL GIRL SAYS" BOOBIES!!! AND GRABS THE LADY'S CHEST.

THEN ANOTHER TIME IN WALMART, A MAN WITH A PATCH WALKS BY AND MY LIL GIRL SAYS, "LOOK MOMMY A PIRATE..A PIRATE A PIRATE A PIRATE...A PIRATE SAYS  ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

THE OTHER TIME WE WERE INT HE POST OFFICE AND MY LIL GIRL WALKS UP TO A LADY AND RUBS HER TUMMY AND SAYS" YOU GOT A BIG TUMMY"

That just made me LOL at work!!!!! To funny. Makayla did the same thing at Walmart (pirate).  A man was walking in when we were in the 1st check out lane, and he had a patch over his eye. Makayla yells and points to the man "Look Mommy, Daddy a pirate!!!!" Everyone heard. So my husband says "Makayla, dont point!" To which this.... child of mine puts away her little finger and has her fist pointed at the man and says "Sorry... Look Mommy, Daddy the pirate!! I had to go up to the man and say sorry.  He just laughed and said it was ok. We had a talk needless to say, about pirates, pointing and yelling  in public!!!!

LeXaMillioN
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:00 PM
Me and my son were on the bus on the way to drop him off at school and it was like 7:30 in th morning and he stands up in the window of the bus and says real loud "somebody stinks" he started to point at people asking "did you take a shower" while holding his nose. So I tell him to sit down and be quiet, but he's like "but mommy somebody stinks, somebody didn't take a shower" I tired not to laugh but it was pretty funny but embarrassing.
njyecats
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:07 PM
Hi! I'm new to this group. I have a 3.5 year old son. He says a lot of funny things.

As for embarassing, my mom works at not the best mall in the area. Somehow he must have overheard say something about that mall being in a scary area. So we go visit her at work and he says in a loud voice, "is this the scary mall?" He kept repeating it. I guess after we left my mom's coworker asked why he called it the scary mall.

Looking back, it was pretty funny.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)