Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some sleep...help!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:44 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 182 Total Views
My 3.5 yr old DS will not sleep through the night unless he is in my room. (He has a hide away bed at the foot of our bed.) He was in his room last night and woke up at 1 am and every 10-20 minutes till 4 am. He would wake up and cry for me till I went in there. He said his feet hurt, he was cold (he was under a quilt and it is 76 in the house), he had to potty, then he didn't have to potty, he wanted to camp on his floor, then he wanted back in his bed. I wouldn't mind so much if I was not 16 wks pregnant and having to get up for work at 7am and him to school/daycare. Does anyone know why he is doing this? Nothing has changed recently in his routine, so I can't figure it out. I am so tired that I am falling asleep at work. Any help would be great. Thank you ladies.

Alina ~ mom to JD (3.5 yrs old) and one on the way (Jan. 6th)
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
kimsarr
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:32 PM
When I was preg with my boy my girl got verry clenigy... She wanted to be with me 24/7 she evon wanted to sleep with me... (she did not do this before I was preg) After I had her brother she went back to normal... I have hered about other mom's who's kids acted funny wile thay were preg... Now I am not sure how to stop this but give it time....
latinpagirl
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:25 PM
I have the same problem with my 4 year old too.  We tried everything, have you tried nightlights?  Having him pick out his own bedding? We have a radio in his room , so you can even have just CD's playing....try getting him a pet, like a goldfish and telling him he has to stay in his room and sleep with his fish (granted this is more work for you too) these are just some ideas that we came up with......non of them worked for us unfortunatly....we stuck with the same betime routine just like you..unfortunatly the only thing that has worked (which i am not thrilled about) is having him sleep in his sisters room, she is only 4 months old, but he likes her company.  I am just afraid of them in their alone, if he would do something to her while we are sleeping, so that's our problem right now, well good luck to you, maybe something will work for you     
momma2JD
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 1:33 PM
We have a nightlight, a radio (he picks his cd at night), his blankie, pepper (stuffed dog), his quilt he picked to cover up with, a story, foot rub, and his cat sleeps with him in the rocking chair. I thought about a fish but right now I don't think I could handle it, we have 2 cats and a Jack Russell puppy. I hope this ends after the baby or I wil be a walking zombie. He is really clingy, he is usually a daddy's boy but here lately he has wanted no one but me. It is great sometimes, other times I want just me time and I feel bad for taking it cause he screams like crazy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)