Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Conditioner

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 291 Total Views

I was wondering if any one uses conditioner on their kids hair, I think my DD might need to start using it but I'm not sure what kinds are good, If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them!

Gaby's Mama

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rttwilson
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM

We use a 2 in 1 with my son. He told me that his head was getting itchy and I could see where it had been getting pretty dry. We have had good luck with the cheapy 2-in-1 stuff. He likes it too because it smells like oranges. Just make sure to not get it in her eyes.

JJTaylor
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I have been using some form of conditioner on my daughters hair since she was about 3.  For the first almost 2 years she had very little hair... but, when it started to grow, it grew FAST!  I have only done minimal trims on the very bottom getting rid of the dry tips, she wants long hair at the moment, therefore we use conditioner. 

I use shampoos and conditioners that I would for my hair, we do often also let her pick out a kids type shampoo, however, they seem to "strip" the oils much faster and are much harsher/harder on the hair; every time she uses her shampoo I can tell, her hair is harder to brush even with conditioner in it.

If you don't want to use loads of conditioner maybe just pick up a bottle of spray conditioner and depending on her length of hair just spray it on the areas that seem more tangled? 

jlmomto2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM

We use sauve kids 2 in 1shampoo/conditioner for the boys.  We have been using it since they were 2 and it works great for them.  We get the kind that smells like coconut. 

nelopyma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I've used conditioner on my 6 year old's hair for years, probably since she was 2 or so.  She has curly hair, and it damages VERY easily.  I have wavy hair, so I normally use whatever conditioner I'm using.  Right now that's Tresemme Smooth and Silky, and an occasional deep conditioner.

HMFIC4
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I love the smell of the johnsons hair conditioner in the orange bottle and it works well.  But for the price I have just been using my conditioner on my daughter's hair...I only use a small dab of it.  I am currently using herbal essence the new swirly colored line, lol ---> sorry, I am so bad at names.

My Blog:  http://stampspaperandink.blogspot.com/

chamberschild
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:58 PM

thanks, for all the suggestions and for letting me know that it doesn't have to be kiddo conditioner 

Gaby's Mama

Mom2Tabitha
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:52 AM

We use The Suave kid's 2 in 1 shampoo then follow that with Garnier Nutrisse's leave in conditioner (comes in a green bottle.)  That stuff is GREAT!!!   I put it in , leave it in a bit then rinse PART of it out.  If, I don't use conditioner, there is NO getting a brush through her hair without it feeling like I am going to pull all her hair out. 

Elaine

mamakitty
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I use kid's conditioner on my son's hair. The only problem is, he likes to use the ENTIRE bottle, so I have to supervise!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

2manygirls
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:27 PM

i've used condition in my dd's hair since she was about a year, i use the suave conditioner, they have a kids one it smells like apple i think and has a frog on the bottle. i can't justify using anything but the suave cause 1) my girls need a lot of it (one has long hair, the other super curly) 2) without fail someone will decide to dump stuff into the tub. i've pretty much remedied this situation though. i put all the kids soap, shampoo and conditioner into soap bottles with a pump, so they can only get so much out at a time.

Check out my cakes....iheartcake

bnebh
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I've been using conditioner on my daughter. I use the same conditioner on her as I do myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)