Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

valentines in school..

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 356 Total Views

my son just got home from school a lil while ago with all his valentine goodies, just curious, what do you send you child in with?? just cards, treats and cards??? i feel cheap, i only sent him in with valentine cards for each child, but he came home with crazy amounts of stuff!!! one friend sent a small book, another sent treat bags filled with stuff, and so on, there were only a couple plain cards!!!! so just wondering  what you send, so i know for next year LOL!!!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jlmomto2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:30 PM

My boys gave cards and candy.  My 5 year old gave little crunch bars with his and my oldest gave mini M&Ms. 

Stephie280
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:34 PM

We always do just cards but then i buy cookies or cupcakes for there class parties

tayanddyl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Normally I make cupcakes and send cards.  This year I had too much going on so I purchased bag candy and cards. 

Proud Mommy to a 10 year old very handsome son, a 6 year old DIVA, and a 1 year old Princess. Even prouder step-mommy to a smart 14 year old son who has a girlfriend, a Beautiful 10 year old Daddy's Girl, and a super talented 9 year old Angel.  Our house is full most of the time but we love it.  All of our kids have co-slept, are vaccaniated, and eat fast-food occassionally!  I bake cookies, cakes and brownies for no reason at allMy 1 year old is off the bottle but still takes the binkie and she STILL drinks formula!  We Love Wal*Mart!  Don't like it ... TOO BAD!

AmyG1102
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I bought Valentine's at Friendly's. They were $1 for 5 cards, and each card is good for a free ice cream cone.  Plus the money went to charity.

fatcat0908
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I did up treat bags with candy, tattoos and pencils.

Were you married in 2001? If so, come join us at 2001 Anniversaries.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/17057/

johnnysmom912
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Quoting AmyG1102:

I bought Valentine's at Friendly's. They were $1 for 5 cards, and each card is good for a free ice cream cone.  Plus the money went to charity.

what a great idea! i wish i had known about that,,oh well the kids all got transformers cards, and i got popcorn for their party!! next year i'll have to get a lil something extra!! thanks for all the answers!!!!

HottMamaRossx2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I did cards and capri suns for my boys class...

nlmlillysmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:09 PM

We bought these little Valentine cards with a hershey bar attached.  I also sent cupcakes for the class party.

happychic
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 5:13 PM

We sent cards and candy, he gave all the girls Krispy Kreme donut valentines (good for a free donut) and the boys got Kung Fu Panda. The whole class got sweet tarts. I have in the past always made cookies on a stick, but we were not allowed to make home made anything this year. His brother did the same for his class.

mommyof2girls30
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I sent in cards that came with lollipops and a bag of pretzels for the party and I also went & volunterred in the classroom for the party.

I know what you mean. My daughter also came home with lots of bags & stuff. I would love to make bags for the class but with the 2 girls in school that would be like 40 bags. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)