Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

boy-girl curiosity

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 543 Total Views

my daughter and a boy in her class touched each others private parts. i talkedto her teacher about it and the boys mom.is this normal boy-girl curiosity?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Ilovelizzysammy
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 9:39 PM

I am having the same issue so i hope someone can help us

momof3grls4517
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Its normal to want to explore the other gender's body. Its diffferent. You may ( if not done already) want to talk to your child first to see why they did it. Then explain what is appropiate and what is not at school or anywhere else. I would also remind them about good touch bad touch. Maybe not all in the same conversation but I would still talk about it. good luck moms

devante9901
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 10:53 PM

My daughter has been masturbating since she was in her infant car seat, so we started "good touch/bad touch" and privacy discussions when she was 2!

It is normal for them to be curious about each others' bodies, especially if they haven't seen a child of the opposite sex naked.

My little girl's little boy friend was potty training one weekend at the cabin, so she got a few good looks at his boy parts, and she was quite satisfied with that.

I probably quiz her once a month about "parts" - .... like... "Let's talk about parts - who's allowed to touch or look at your girl parts?"  The correct answer is... herself, mom if there's a problem, the Dr. if mom is there. She asked why not daddy?  And I said, "Because girl parts are none of dad's business."  (Dad loved that, BTW).

So I would just start having regular discussions about it... bathtime often works well for this.

~De

It's not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life. ~Train

Click the link below to buy my book, DeVante's Children!

http://www.torquerebooks.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)