Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doll question

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:07 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

Poll

Question: How much for this doll?

Options:

$20.

$30.

$40.

$50.

Other (please list price)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

My Mom sews these adorable dolls. She sews all the clothes, the doll body, does the hair, even embroiders the facial features. The doll has a full set of clothes including undies and she can even sew a pinafore to go over the dress and a nightie for bedtime.

Now my Mom wants to sell this doll but she doesn't know how much to charge for it. Would you buy one for your 2003 dd? How much would you be willing to pay?

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MomofFour232629
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Ashleigh would of course want a pink dress..maybe something a little more modern. I bet a 3 or 4 year old would like it more the way she is bc toddlers aren't very "hip" and they don't know much about "other" kinds of dolls in the stores.

I would pay anywhere from 30-50 for it..I can see all the detail and effort that went into it. These are MY kind of dolls, but for a 5-10 year old girl, they would want something more modern, or at least my daughters would.

Rebekka3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM

bump

Rebekka3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:19 PM

bump

Rebekka3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:10 PM

bump

Ava112
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Wow that is the most beautiful doll that I ever seen.  Your mom sure has talent.  I would definitely buy one.  My daughter goes to sleep with dolls and she only sleeps with the soft one.  Right now her favorite is Holly Hobbie rag doll.

Bterfly75
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I Love that doll, but don't think I would be able to hand it over to a 5-6yr old. that is something I would want to display....change her outfits for the Holidays/seasons. she'd be my 'toy'. lol

my mom made my daughter a similar doll...not as much time and detail, but my lil'girl LOVED her to pieces..Literally. I would spend the $$ for the details and clothing, your mother has a great talent and should be paid for it accordingly. with that said, wish I had the $ to order one. I still love dolls.

BrandiGra
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Can she do little boy dolls too??

My SD (StepDaughter) is 10 and her BM (biomother) collects dolls for her. I would pay $30-50 dollars for this doll. Def $50 for accessories!

Your mom should list it on EBay and see how it sells!  Is she gonna make more and will she customize if the customer asks?

DO you know that REAL cabbage patch doll sell for $185- $350.00. Not the plastic one solds in store but real ones made in Georgia at the cabbage patch hospital?

HottMamaRossx2
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Holy crap, im so glad i have a boy.. i couldnt imagine spending that kinda money a doll.. mama would have never.. lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)