• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st day of school...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

so how was everyones childs 1st day? my lil stephen started kindergarden yesterday....  i was giving my misbehaving son credit when i gave him a week till they call me... he ended up getting sent home on his 1st day with a note to be signed and returned telling me how bad he was... making noises, getting out of his seat, throwing things and being disruptive the entire day... i can only hope he listened to my lecture lastnight and is better behaved today.... crossing my fingers....

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
joannakitler
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:16 AM

IT was my son's first day in Kindergarten and he really enjoyed it.  He felt like such a big boy and very independent.  The only thing I didn't like was that he was told NOT to pray before lunch and to just go ahead and eat.  We do say prayers before each meal and encourage our kids to do when they are away.  All he was going to do was say his prayers silently and to himself, but, a teacher came around and told the class to NOT pray at all.  I'm very new to the whole "Going to school" thing and am pretty anxious about this new beginning.  This issue with my son not being able to say a silent prayer really did not help my anxiety about school.  Other than that he was happy and excited about the whole experience.

momOF2_33060
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 11:21 AM

well on the 2nd day stephen did sit in the bad chair for throwing sand on the playground so he told me but said other then that he was good and teacher gave him a sticker on some chart they have in class... have to take his word he was good yesterday cuz he forgot his bookbag in class so i couldnt check if there was a not... he didnt tell me bout the 1st on i found it after he cought my interest when i asked him what he did in school and he said he sat by himself... i told him he better not forget his book bag anymore... note only so i can check it but weds there supposed to bring a red folder hom for the parents to work with them n return it friday since he left his bag i didnt get the folder...

As for them stopping your child from silently preying thats not right he wasnt disturbing or "influencing" no one! i dont see why she'd tell him to stop...

myrtlebeach
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 8:33 AM

My daughters 1st day of 1st grade is today

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)