Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to MA.!

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2008 at 10:44 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

Hey everyone I will soon be moving to Massachusetts and in need of some info on the barnstable county area. My husband is in the US Coast Guard and will be stationed in Sector New England in Woods Hole and I'm not familiar with the area and where to live. Any info would help. thanks alot

by on Oct. 3, 2008 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Silvariah
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Hi ... congratulations. It is a beautifully expensive place to live. I live in Hyannis, which is Barnstable, about the middle of the cape.. when are you moving? 

Fate31307
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2008 at 8:29 PM

Hello there and thank you.. we are not sure where we will be living just yet.  We are expecting to move by November. I'm just confused about the military housing- do you happen to know if there is housing on the Otis base?

Quoting Silvariah:

Hi ... congratulations. It is a beautifully expensive place to live. I live in Hyannis, which is Barnstable, about the middle of the cape.. when are you moving? 

acered
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Hi.  My name is Casey.  My husband is also in the CG and works in Woods Hole.  There is housing available on Otis, but I don't know much about it as we live off base in Mashpee.   My email address is acered_8888@hotmail.com.  Please feel free to email me and I can give you my phone number if you would like to chat about the area and life on the Cape more.   I know how hard it is to move around all the time, so if you just want to vent, I'm ok with that too.  Good luck with the move.  Your baby is beautiful.  How old is he?  My boy, Liam, just turned one last week. 

lm12183
by New Member on Oct. 17, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Hi, my husband just got out of the Coast Guard.  He was stationed in Ptown.  We live in Eastham, very nice but quiet.  We didn't do military housing either, we took the BAH instead.  Always up for chatting or playgroups, let us know if you need help.  I find it very hard meeting people on the Cape.

Take care,

Lindsey

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN