Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The cutest thing

Posted by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:49 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 132 Total Views
I know I already posted today, but I wanted to remind us all of the fun, yes FUN, things that can come with Autistic symptoms.
We all know that Autistic kids take things really literally.  We also know that they tend to label things in their own way- a way that makes sense to them.  Today Evan, my 3 year old whom I suspect has and have started the process for testing for Aspergers, found a brush that I just bought as part of a hair dryer, brush, diffuser, concentrator set.  Then he noticed the box.  On the back was a picture of everything contained in the set.  "Look Mom, they're the same!"  he said as he showed me the brush and pointed to the box.  "Yep."  I said.  The picture of the blow dryer was the biggest so it caught his attention next.  "Where's the... that?" he asked, pointing to the picture of the blow dryer.  He had seen me use a hair dryer and knew what it was for, but apparently didn't know what it was called.  "That's called a blow dryer." I said.  "Oh," he began, "Where IS the blow-the-hair?" he asked.

I couldn't help but laugh!  "Blow dryer" and "blow-the-hair" do sound rather similar if you run the latter together and in his little mind that's what it was for anyway!!!
by on May. 7, 2007 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)