Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being selfish by not letting him take her???

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 202 Total Views

So, the bf and I broke up about 2 weeks ago. We have nothing in writing yet as far as visitation or custody. He is on the birth certificate. exbf really wants to move back to the east coast. he says we can have a judge giving us joint custody where we pass her back and forth every 2-3 months. DD is 19 months old....He says he can get his old job back and give her a nice place for them to live in and support her and he has friends and family that would help take care of her....Now I would stay here. I have an older DD from a previous relationship. Things would be harder for me here in CA, but I have family and friends who are willing to help as well. My arguement is, it's not fair for the baby to pass her back and for like that, especially at this age. I have her sister who I don't think they should be split up like that...I have a stable job where he has had over 5 jobs in 4 years. 4 cars in 4 years. I think she needs stablilty, with mom and dad. I'm I being selfish by not letting her go? Plus, I have experience raising a kid where he hasn't spent more than a day with her alone. Would a judge really consider this? I plan on filing for full custody with shared visitation. I'm not trying to keep him away from her at all. I just think he's being selfish for wanting to uproot her every 2-3 months because he doesn't want to live in CA...or am I the selfish one???

by on May. 29, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)