Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this mean the trial is over??

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 2:48 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 413 Total Views

I just found this on line, so does that mean they are not going to tell us what happen?? Anyone else with any news yet??

here is the link also:

http://www.wsav.com/midatlantic/sav/home.apx.-content-articles-SAV-2008-03-10-0022.html

Aiden's Future Unknown

Monday, Mar 10, 2008 - 02:05 PM Updated: 02:40 PM
The future of an 11-month old Effingham County child, could be decided in a matter of hours. Family members tell us they expect Aiden Waller to be released from the hospital soon, but where he is placed could be decided at a court hearing Monday morning.
By Kaitlyn Pratt

His name has become well known.
     His story of abuse - touching people across the nation. 
     But information about Aiden Waller's condition and future may now be limited.
     Effingham County Judge F. Gates Peed denied media access to a juvenile court hearing to determine custody of the infant Monday morning, saying Aiden's privacy outweighs public interest.
     Lawyers representing Aiden's parents, Tina Richards and Phillip Waller, were present, along with an attorney representing the 11-month-old's paternal grandparents, a DFACS representative and Aiden's Guardian Ad Litem.  All argued against allowing media access to Court proceedings. 
     Maternal grandparents told NEWS 3they could not comment as they walked out of Effingham County Courthouse.
     Paternal grandmother Joyce Schottel, from Knoxville, Tennessee, headed to the hospital, hoping to see Aiden, a bag of books and stuffed animals in tow.  She told reporters his first birthday is March 26th.  Schottel has never seen her grandson.  

Hear her message for those supporting her family, tonight on NEWS 3 at 6.  

Note:  Guardians ad litem are appointed in cases where there has been an allegation of child abuse or child neglect.  In these situations, the guardian ad litem is charged to represent the best interests of the minor child which can differ from the position of the state or government agency as well as the interest of the parent or guardian.

by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KierstynsMom
by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Looks like it.. Hopefully we will hear something soon. That does seem as though they aren't going to tell us though!

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2008 at 3:08 PM
Yes, it's over...well, they may not tell the MEDIA, but they WILL tell us...and when they tell us, I will tell ya'll...let me make a couple of phone calls...I will let ya'll know AS SOON as find out the outcome...

KierstynsMom
by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Thank you so much you are a sweetie.. Please let us know!! THANK YOU!
3littleones852
by Member on Mar. 10, 2008 at 3:24 PM

Quoting ALiLBabyPHAT18:

Yes, it's over...well, they may not tell the MEDIA, but they WILL tell us...and when they tell us, I will tell ya'll...let me make a couple of phone calls...I will let ya'll know AS SOON as find out the outcome...

thank you for keeping us posted....
moi-momma
by on Mar. 10, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Quoting ALiLBabyPHAT18:

Thanks sweetie,  I will be standing by waiting.

Hugs.

I_love_my_sons.gif

husbandlbl.gif

TWilson22
by Member on Mar. 10, 2008 at 7:34 PM
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Mar. 10, 2008 at 8:34 PM
I'm sorry to inform everyone of this, but there is indeed a strict GAG order on the confidentiality of Aiden & Baby Waller's health AND the custody outcome. It is still undescided on where Aiden will go, but we hope to find out soon...unfortunately, until we get permission, I can not release any information to ya'll...until then, just keep praying, have faith & continue to show Aiden some love! God bless & thanks...

starlightgirl79
by Member on Mar. 11, 2008 at 12:06 AM
Once it's all done and over we'll probably be able to tell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN