Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tina & Phillip's Arraignment Hearing...NOT Guilty!?

Tina Richards & Phillip Waller will be arraigned for the child abuse charges to Aiden in January, on Wednesday, April 9th at 9 AM. It will be at the Effingham County Courthouse, and will be open to the public.

An Effingham County couple charged with abusing their infant son Aiden Waller, were in court together for the first time. Today they each maintained their innocence.

Sheriff's deputies arrested Tina Richards and Phillip Waller back in January after investigators said Richards tied baby Aiden's onesie to a sheet and beat him. Police say Waller knew about the abuse and didn't report it.

Today was their superior court arraignment, it's the part of the court process when the accused plead guilty or not guilty. Around 9:30 this morning, Richards and Waller entered the courtroom. They were handcuffed and shackled.

This was the first time Richards and Waller have been in the same room together since there were arrested. They did not look at each other at all. The attorney's representing them told the judge Richards and Waller were pleading "not guilty".

The arraignment lasted about two minutes. Deputies took Waller back to jail and Richards back to prison in Atlanta. Richards is serving a 21-year sentence for abusing baby Aiden the first time last July. They'll be back in court May 13 for a plea hearing. That's a hearing when the district attorney can present them with a plea offer or the parties could decide to go ahead with a trial by jury.

Two weeks ago the judge ruled that Aiden Waller and his newborn brother will remain in the state's care while the Department of Family and Children Services decided the best place for them to live. His grandparents on his mother's side want custody. It could take up to a year for the court to decide where the baby brothers will go.

News Clip: http://www.wtoc.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?ClipID1=2372470&h1=Baby%20Aiden%27s%20Parents%20in%20Court%20Together%20Facing%20Child%20Abuse%20Charges&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=125266&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.wtoc.com/global/story.asp%3Fs%3D8143367&rnd=71891868
by on Apr. 7, 2008 at 12:19 PM
Replies (61-63):
whitneyd
by New Member on May. 17, 2008 at 4:13 AM
Yeah them momma's in there are gonna end up hurting her.  Especailly the momma's who are gonna be in there for life.  Most prisioners tend not to like child abusers.  She hurt that baby abd and I would almost be willing to bet that before she gets out she is gonna get hers.  Probably more than once.  I am gonna be honest with you, I think she deserves it and hope someone does beat the crap outta her.  Maybe I am wrong but I cannot stand someone who abuses children let alone an innocent baby.

AngelHayz24
by New Member on May. 24, 2008 at 12:36 PM
It saddens me to hear about this story... I can't imagine ever hurting my babies... I too have sometimes been so stressed sometimes about the kids misnehaving, but you never let it get to the point that you would harm them.... so helpless and fragile......

They should have walked away when they got so upset, went to another room, took a deep breathe and calmed down....
 Its hard to believe that someone could just lose control like that...

I am praying for this baby  and his recovery...
Ryleesmommy122
by New Member on May. 30, 2008 at 1:19 PM
This is so sad, how can anyone do this to a child? I cry if i have to swat my daughters hand..... Makes me wanna cry....... I hope they do not get him back
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)