Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is creepy.......Check this OUT!

Posted by on May. 26, 2008 at 11:51 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 1174 Total Views

The creeps that lurk on Cafemom

• 18 Comment(s)
  • 312 Total Views

Due to an overwhelming response, I am going to post the full story here, names and all.
Don't be surprised if it gets deleted as quickly as it gets posted.... although I have yet to hear back from Cafemom about this ordeal....

As many of you know, I was recently informed that my pictures were stolen and are being used on a myspace page. I cannot find this page - I've searched for hours with no success. It's not so much me that I care about, it's my son.

Let me first make a few things clear for those of you that are going to chime in with "Well, you should've had your page private!!" My page used to be private, it wasn't until a few months ago that I made it public again. This is because I work from home. I deal with dozens upon dozens of women each day. My job requires me to be one on one with women. I need women to see that I am a REAL person, not some scammer with a dead profile page. It's important for me to have women see me as me, and to have potential clients and potential representatives to see the REAL me. I don't want them to see nothing but an advertisement - I want them to know that I am like them, and they can do this.

On that note.... here is my story.

A few months ago I recieved a random friend invite from someone named 24andPregnant. She claimed that she liked my personal statement. I don't accept random invites, and declined her invite. End of story... or so I thought....

A while later there was a job posting in a few work at home groups here on Cafemom, they were posted by a lady named BrooklynLouise. I knew it was a scam as soon as I read it, so I of course requested more information (I hate scammers). I never heard anything back from her, so after a few days I went to her profile, and in her ChatterBox, there was comments from 24andPregnant demanding to know where her training materials were, and that she had sent her the required funds, and wondering why she had yet to hear from her.

I felt sorry for 24andPregnant - after all, according to her screen name, she is 24 and pregnant. I sent her a message letting her know that she had quite obviously been scammed, and that she needs to be more careful. I asked her if she was interested in learning about my opportunity. We gabbed back and forth a few times, nothing serious, and nothing came of it. She wasn't interested in my opp, which was fine.

Now, more recently, there has been numerous job listings that are being posted by nataliecollins. This too is a scam, and I called her on it. She quickly started deleting her posts, as well as any journal comments. Her ads were written very well, with very good grammar, but upon talking with her one on one, it was more than apparent that she didn't personally have those skills, as her grammar was beyond horrid. That whole ordeal eventually just died off....

Until .... 24andPregnant popped up again. She had responded to nataliecollins ads, and had once again sent the required funds, and this time recieved her training materials. I left her a chatterbox comment telling her that I thought she had been scammed again, and that I thought perhaps nataliecollins was BrooklynLouise.

24andPregnant, played me for a fool. We gabbed back and forth once again, and she finally came to the conclusion with me atleast, that she had once again been scammed. The next morning, there was another message from her claiming that no, this wasn't a scam, and she had made $155.00, (keep in mind, the training materials you get refer you to things like REM, MPM, and cashcrate). I deleted her comment, and decided that if she wants to be a moron, then so be it....

Here is where it all starts to unfold.... Another lady came forth that had been scammed by nataliecollins. She sent a message to a dear friend of mine on here with her paypal confirmation. This confirmed that Toymeeka Powell @
nataliecollins@yahoo.com had accepted her paypal payment.

WAIT ONE EFFIN SECOND!!! Toymeeka Powell @ nataliecollins??? I knew I knew that name. It's not a common name by any means. Cas does a search on myspace, and comes up with a few photo albums, all the pictures in them, are the same pictures on 24andPregnant's profile page. Meanwhile, I am going through my old messages left right and center to make sure I am not loosing my mind, and sure enough, months and months ago, when 24andPregnant first contacted me, she signed a PM to me as "Toymeeka" . So we now officially have proof, that nataliecollins IS INFACT 24andPregnant.

I call her on it. I send her a message letting her know that I know. I tell her that I am pissed off that I tried to help her, when she was infact the scammer.

This is the response I got back....

Hmmm very good – this is starting to be very fun and although you are holding a peace of the puzzle you are still very off. Now I’ve spent time talking to you from both sides (nataliecollins and 24andPregnant) – do you REALLY believe I would be that careless with my own address (LOL) and to think you were my first choice…
In order to keep the games going let me help you out! That myspace account is a real person whom I never met her in person, like you I speak to her via e-mail. I just needed some pictures and she takes really nice pictures - so I borrowed a few (LMAO). You take great pictures too :)  
What can I say like to pretend and act a little bit that’s all. I'm a GREAT ACTOR - I can play anyone!

So, at this point, she is pretending that she has stolen those picture on her profile her on Cafemom from the myspace account. BUT - the myspace account has the same email address that she left BrooklynLouise way back at the begining, so she is full of shit. I send a reply back to her, saying fine, let's play... and so on and forth... This is the reply I got back from that

"Subject: I can show u better than I can tell you...

Have you ever since the movie single white female? It's a great movie - oh and of course you know that I saved a few photos before I sent that e-mail (LMAO). All you people put way to much information out of these sites i.e. myspace, face book as well as this one. And most are willing to share all your personal thoughts and life details with a complete stranger... I don’t get - i'm ALL ears (LOL).

In our chats I was hoping to get more information out of you, but your page gives me more than enough to work with. But I promise to do much better playing the mother of 1 from Vancouver Island. Your statement seemed like a challenge – but it was your photos that drew me in…

The right face can make my job real easy – its just like advertising – a pretty girl can sell anything and a mother of 1 just melts your heart!

You should really check out MY myspace page, I'm sure my photos would bring you back good memories."

And that is where we are at - I haven't replied to her, I don't know what to say. Funny thing though, is that message above, magically got deleted from my inbox... no clue how. I don't delete my messages...... Luckily I had already sent it to Cas....

I realize it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.... but keep in mind, she messaged me MONTHS AGO to begin with.... months ago. She had her eye on me before any of this work at home crap even unfolded. It's a scary thought to think that my childs pictures are out there somewhere that I don't know about.... I'll never post another public picture again.....

As for this post - VOTE IT POPULAR before it gets DELETED .... 24andPregnant has made her page private - so the women on her friends list cannot be notified of her sick games. Copy and paste this whole message, and repost it, I don't care. This sicko is still on Cafemom, threatning to steal pictures and whatever else.... Read the above messages, she is creepy....

by on May. 26, 2008 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on May. 27, 2008 at 12:57 PM
WOW! Yeah, I heard about something like this VERY simular happening on MySpace, but her screen name was "Baby Girl" somethin'...I kept trying to search it, with no sucess...that IS creepy to think about, though!
SherryLH
by Member on May. 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM
I tried to send this post to all of my friends. It could not be sent. The is the error message I got.

This message has been blocked by CafeMom.

This pass-a-long contains information that violates CafeMom's Community Guidelines. We are committed to making CafeMom extremely safe and secure. If you would like to learn about how to control your privacy and security on CafeMom, please read our Security & Privacy Tips page. If you have any questions about privacy & security, or about this story, please Contact Us directly.

thiscrewx
by New Member on May. 27, 2008 at 5:30 PM
wow that is insane and crazy... thanks for the heads up!!
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on May. 28, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Quote:

I tried to send this post to all of my friends. It could not be sent. The is the error message I got.

This message has been blocked by CafeMom.

This pass-a-long contains information that violates CafeMom's Community Guidelines. We are committed to making CafeMom extremely safe and secure. If you would like to learn about how to control your privacy and security on CafeMom, please read our Security & Privacy Tips page. If you have any questions about privacy & security, or about this story, please Contact Us directly.

You would think CafeMom WOULD allow this message, for the SAFETY of our CHILDREN! Unless, maybe it's fake?
SherryLH
by Member on May. 29, 2008 at 4:27 PM
Unless what is fake?
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on May. 30, 2008 at 12:51 PM
Like, maybe someone just made this up, or is starting rumors about a specific person on CafeMom? I have seen simular cases on MySpace...LittleMunchkins, can you do some detective work, and find out? You are always so good at investigating these things! (I just hope & pray that their isn't someone so disturbing like this on this website!)
Shorty80
by Member on May. 31, 2008 at 2:00 PM
I don't want to confuse anyone here.  This was in  my mailbox from a friend who forward it to me.  This didn't happen to me.  So if you think is was about me, it wasn't.  Just wanted to clear that up.  And I also contacted Cafemom.com to find out if it was true and they have not responded.  I will let you all know if they do send me a message.

Have a nice weekend
LittleMunchkins
by Member on Jun. 2, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Quoting ALiLBabyPHAT18:

Like, maybe someone just made this up, or is starting rumors about a specific person on CafeMom? I have seen simular cases on MySpace...LittleMunchkins, can you do some detective work, and find out? You are always so good at investigating these things! (I just hope & pray that their isn't someone so disturbing like this on this website!)
Ill see what I can find. I do know on other baby boards people have stolen pictures from others and passed them off as their own children. So I would suggest watermarking your pictures if you do post them.

LittleMunchkins
by Member on Jun. 2, 2008 at 3:05 PM
24and Pregnant did have a cafemom mebership but does not anymore. So I am asuming she was kicked off (like Tina's profile). nataliecolins is the same. Im still looking for some more info.
24andPregnant had posted in a group about work at home jobs but there are so many posts its hard to find the actual one.

LittleMunchkins
by Member on Jun. 2, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Ok so all I can find on this is that all three nataliecollins, 24andPregnant, and BrooklynLoiuse did once have profiles here at cafemom but no longer do. Cafemom has probablly deleted their profiles. Toymeeka Collins has a myspace page but no pictures except her display picture, and nothing on it. I did not find a myspace page under nataliecollins@yahoo.com. So this was probally in fact true. Cafemom is probally blocking the message from furthering on since they have deleted the profiles. As I have stated I have seen people steal pictures from others in the past so the best way to protect this is to make sure your profiles are private, and if you do post pictures to watermark them. I for one dont care if someone does try and steal my pictures to pass as their own why someone would want to do that is beyond me. I make sure not to post nuddy pictures of my kids as their are freaks out their who get off on it and try not to post any info for someone to come find us. I also do put watermarkings on some of my pictures I post where I know someone freaks could get a hold of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)