Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*UPDATE* My Cousin's Baby...

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 7:45 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 931 Total Views

My cousin, Melissa, had her baby today at the hospital, by c-section (June 23rd). Her baby, Maddox, has a hole in his skull where brain mass is patruding out of the side of his fore-head, and they think it may be a tumor. He was doing ok after he was born, but now he is taking a turn for the worst, and the doctor's are saying that IF he makes it, he may be mentally challenged. So, please pray for him & his family!

*PLEASE READ MY RECENT REPLY FOR AN UPDATE & PHOTO OF HIM...(FEBRUARY 27th, 2009)

by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Jun. 23, 2008 at 8:02 PM
NathansMom03
by on Jun. 23, 2008 at 9:06 PM
What a cutie!! As for your other cousin remind her that doctors dont know everything! My son was born 3 months premature and they told me that he could have mental handicaps IF he makes it! We had people praying in about 4 different states and he is now almost 5 with no problems except for having a lazy eye and having to wear glasses! Just tell her not to give up hope for her little one because doctors are wrong every single day! I will say a prayer for him and the whole family!
ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Jun. 24, 2008 at 11:28 AM
Yeah, you just never know, God is the one who is in control, not doctors, but thank you for the prayers! I will let everyone know how he's doing as soon as I find out something! Thank you for your encouragement! God bless!
LittleMunchkins
by Member on Jun. 24, 2008 at 9:29 PM
Aww Congrats to your cousin. That is so great you were able to be there. Your other cousin and her son are in my prayers. Please keep us updated on him.

ALiLBabyPHAT18
by Group Owner on Jul. 28, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Here is a recent picture of my baby cousin, Maddox. He just turned 1 month old on July 23rd. I'm sorry I forgot to update ya'll on his surgery, but it went well, although they do think he will be mentally challenged for the rest of his life. Come to find out, his growth was not a tumor, it was just an abnormality. His brain was protruding out of his head (if you look closely, his hair is still shaved & you can see the dent and scar) and unfortunately, they had to actually cut off some of his brain tissue. The other side of his face is flat, and the doctor's also think that he may have Down's Syndrome, but it is still too soon to tell for sure. Other than that, he is doing great! Please pray for his young parents, their families & of course Maddox...

SYSTERANGEL2
by Member on Jul. 29, 2008 at 11:25 PM

hes very cute.  your family must feel very blessed that he has come through the surgery, if he is a Downs Baby hes just going to be more special because God sent him to his parents because he knows that they can take care of him.

MaryJane849
by Member on Aug. 1, 2008 at 9:07 AM

I will be praying for Maddox and his family, I believe that God can make everything alright.

Karen
2kids19yrsapart
by on Aug. 1, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Sending prayers your way! 

hannahelizabeth
by Member on Aug. 8, 2008 at 12:53 AM

what a beautiful child and prayers to all

smtowngrl
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2008 at 3:05 AM

Such an amazing blessing! He's a BEAUTIFUL boy, and I hope your cousin remembers to always cherish him, even when his special needs seem too heavy a burden to bear. Life is so fragile and it's hard to keep things in context sometimes, but it's important to always be grateful for what you've been given! Especially when "what you've been given" is a second chance! I'll certainly keep your family in my prayers!

baseballbutterflyamerican football
                                         Angela

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)